The Montgomery County Agricultural Fair is here! From Friday, August 9 until Saturday, August 17th, you can participate in a celebration of Montgomery County’s agricultural history and join thousands of other people in the fun. There are live performances, the Carnival, the Chilly Mall, games and more.
Need even more reasons to attend the fair? Read our Top Ten list of our favorite parts of this annual event.
10. Fun Events. Check the fair’s schedule to come see the tractor pull, monster truck rally, and the demolition derby!
9. Cheese Carving Contest. On Tuesday, August 13 at 10:30am, the annual amateur cheese carving contest will take place, or come any time after to see the results!
8. Toilet Decorating Contest. You won’t believe the creative concepts people come up with to transform these porcelain thrones into original displays of art!
7. Racing Pigs. Come to the Hogway Speedway to root for your favorite sow and see who takes the gold!
6. Lawn Mower Racing. On Friday, August 9 at 7:30pm, check out the lawn mower racing and cheer on your favorite rider!
5. Activities for the kids. The County Fair features games, theater, music and photography that can keep the whole family entertained.
4. The Rides. Take the family on a ferris wheel, tilt-a-whirl or the bumper cars. Get spooked at the Haunted Mansion.
3. The Animals. See farm animals raised right in Montgomery County including goats, pigs, rabbits and cows. If you are at the fair at the right time and you hear an announcement, rush over to the birthing center and you may be able to witness an animal giving birth live!
2. The Food. From the Big Cheese grilled cheese to funnel cake and fried oreos, the county fair is the place to be for good food (and breaking your diet).
1. DEP Will Be There! Stop by the Department of Environmental Protection tent to learn about what DEP does, how DEP works to improve the quality of life of County residents and to ask DEP questions. Try your luck at the DEP quiz wheel to win a prize.
Get the latest County Fair updates by liking their Facebook page.