Summer is a great time to take advantage of the nice weather and save energy. Give each of these tips a try during the month of July, and let us know which is your favorite way to save energy this summer!
Give your home an energy vacation when you’re traveling. Vacation is a great time to reap some energy savings because you’re not home!
6. Turn down your water heater from 140 to 120 degrees.
7. Set your thermostat to 85 degrees.
8. Turn off fans since they only cool you when you’re there.
9. Unplug electronics and avoid paying for standby power.
10. Close the shades and turn off the lights to keep your place cool while you’re gone.
Visit the DEP website for more tips on saving energy at home, or explore other energy saving projects you can start on today!
If you have questions about these or other ways to save energy, don’t hesitate to reach out to Michelle, your resident energy geek, at 240-777-7749 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Homepage slider photo by Alex Pepperhill