Participate in public meetings on 13 proposed environmental bills
Leave your comments
On January 28th, Montgomery County Councilmember Roger Berliner (District 1) introduced a packet of 13 environmental bills to the County Council. The bills address such issues as the creation of an Office of Sustainability within the Department of Environmental Protection, increasing the use of clean energy, improving the energy efficiency of certain buildings throughout the County, and providing a County procurement preference to Certified Green Businesses, to name a few.
The public has an opportunity to voice their opinions on these bills through two public hearings.
- February 11, 2014 at 7:30pm – Public hearing on bills 2-14 through 12-14. To testify at the hearing, call 240-777-7803 by 10 a.m. on February 11th.
- February 25, 2014 at 1:30pm – Public hearing on zoning amendments 14-01 and 14-02. To testify at the hearing, call 240-777-7803 by 5 p.m. on February 24th.
Participate in local government decisions and have your voice be heard!
The Proposed Environmental Bills and Zoning Amendments
- Bill 2-14, Environmental Sustainability – Buildings – Benchmarking
- Bill 3-14, Buildings – Energy Efficiency – Energy Standards
- Bill 4-14, Streets and Roads – County Street Lights
- Bill 5-14, Environmental Sustainability – Social Cost of Carbon Assessments
- Bill 6-14, Environmental Sustainability – Office of Sustainability – Established
- Bill 7-14, Contracts and Procurement – Certified Green Business Program
- Bill 8-14, Buildings – County Buildings – Clean Energy Renewable Technology
- Bill 9-14, Environmental Sustainability – Renewable Energy – County Purchase
- Bill 10-14, Buildings – Solar Permits – Expedited Review
- Bill 11-14, Buildings – Electric Vehicle Charging Station Permits – Expedited Review
- Bill 12-14, Personnel – Telecommuting – Amendments
- Zoning Text Amendment 14-01, Parking Design – Charging Stations
- Zoning Text Amendment 14-02, Exemptions – Solar Panels