We’re hiring! Join our team as the Program Manager of Pesticide & Pollution Reduction
The Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection is hiring for a new position that will oversee our pesticide and pollution reduction programs. For those interested, the application deadline is February 15!
Program Manager, Pesticide & Pollution Reduction Programs (Grade 25)
Montgomery County Government
Department of Environmental Protection
Requisition Number: IRC24120
Salary Range: $62,195 – $103,177
This position will be part of the Office of Sustainability in the Division of Environmental Policy & Compliance in the Department of Environmental Protection. As a member of the Office of Sustainability, this position will work within a team of environmental professionals focused on providing information and programs related to a broad range of sustainability topics to residents and businesses in Montgomery County.
This position is responsible for the implementation of pesticide and pollution reduction programs, with a priority of overseeing the Department’s implementation of the Montgomery County Lawn Care Law. Key responsibilities include:
- Implementing various provisions of the Lawn Care Law affecting homeowners, businesses, property managers, retailers, lawn care providers and others.
- Delivering outreach and education programs related to the Lawn Care Law and pollution reduction, including information on organic lawn care practices.
- Developing partnerships with businesses, non-profit organizations, homeowner associations, and other groups to collaborate on Lawn Care Law and other pollution reduction activities.
- Developing website content and other outreach materials related to the Lawn Care Law and other pollution reduction activities.
- Managing budgets and contracts related to the Lawn Care Law and other pollution reduction programs.
- Coordinating Lawn Care Law related issues with the other public entities affected by the law, including Montgomery Parks, the Department of General Services, and the Department of Transportation.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in effectively managing a comprehensive environmental or related public policy program (from planning through implementation and evaluation), particularly a program emphasizing broad scale behavior change.
A core component of this position will be facilitating effective outreach to, and engagement with, audiences with diverse interests. Experience with pesticide or pollution prevention programs and/or organic landscaping practices is a plus, but not a requirement. This position will need to work well in a collaborative environment within a large organization with multiple priorities, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position requires the ability to attend meetings or perform work at locations outside the office, including some evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To view the complete job posting and submit an application, please visit www.montgomerycountymd.gov/careers and then click on “Apply Now”. On the next page, click the Search Jobs tab and then enter the Requisition Number IRC24120 into the Keywords field.
This Recruitment Closes February 15, 2017
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the Pesticide and Pollution Reduction Program Manager position, which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Resume Tips and FAQs on the Office of Human Resource’s Careers webpage for important information about the County’s application requirements and process.