DEP is hiring! We’re looking for an Energy and Sustainability Manager
This position will be part of the Office of Sustainability in the Division of Environmental Policy & Compliance in the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). As a member of the Office of Sustainability, the Programs Manager will work within a team of environmental professionals focused on providing information and programs related to a broad range of sustainability topics to residents and businesses in Montgomery County.
Energy and Sustainability Programs Manager (Grade M3)
Montgomery County Government
Requisition Number: IRC28822
Salary Range: $75,934 – 138,790
This Recruitment Closes May 29, 2018
DEP is seeking an experienced individual to manage and lead energy and sustainability programs, including but are not limited to:
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy, including energy financing policies and programs;
- Climate change initiatives;
- Support for residential and commercial sustainability-related practices; and
- Planning and research efforts focused on developing, expanding, and improving DEP programs designed to enhance the quality of life in the community by protecting and improving Montgomery County’s air, water and land in a sustainable way while fostering smart growth, a thriving economy and healthy communities.
Share this recruitment (PDF)
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and engaging in outreach, communication, and collaboration with County residents, businesses, commercial and multifamily property owners, and non-profit organizations related to energy and sustainability initiatives and programs.
- Collaborating with other County departments, state/federal entities, non-profit organizations, and the private sector on the development and implementation of financing and incentive programs supporting energy and sustainability actions.
- Analyzing local, state, and federal policies related to energy and sustainability issues and developing recommended environmental legislation, regulations, and policies.
- Program management, including developing, planning, and implementing energy and sustainability programs.
- Developing, analyzing, and evaluating metrics related to energy and sustainability, including such things as energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, the economic impact of energy and sustainability programs, and the value of incentives and financing programs to foster behavior change.
- Providing program support through research and investigation of existing and emerging energy and sustainability issues.
- Administering contracts related to energy and sustainability programs
- Assisting with the preparation of operating budgets for assigned programs.
- Managing staff responsible for implementation of County energy and sustainability policies, programs, research, evaluation, and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and managing a range of energy and sustainability programs, as well as experience with methods for incentivizing and financing activities in these areas. Experience with policies, standards, and codes that govern energy and sustainability issues (e.g., regulations governing utilities, green building standards, building energy codes, etc.) is a plus.
This position requires the ability to work in a collaborative environment within a large organization with multiple priorities, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
This position REQUIRES possession of a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a County vehicle to meetings, events, policy or regulatory proceedings, conferences, and other work at locations outside the office.
Occasional weekend and/or evening work may be required.
As a manager/supervisor of unionized employees, this position has a responsibility for fostering positive labor relations based on mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To view the complete job posting, minimum requirements, and to submit an application, please visit www.montgomerycountymd.gov/careers and then click on “Apply Now”. On the next page, click the Search Jobs tab and then enter the Requisition Number IRC28822 into the Keywords field.
This Recruitment Closes May 29, 2018
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position, which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Resume Tips and FAQs on the Office of Human Resource’s Careers webpage for important information about the County’s application requirements and process.