Environmental Protection Open House this Sunday!
Board Members and Property Managers of Homeowners and Condo Associations, Co-ops and Multifamily Housing are Invited
The Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), along with the Department of Housing and Community Affairs (DHCA) and the Commission on Common Ownership Communities (CCOC) will present the first Environmental Protection Open House on Sunday, February 25 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The free event will take place at the Silver Spring Civic Building located at 1 Veterans Place. Doors open at 6 p.m.
The Open House is for board members and property managers of homeowners and condo associations, co-ops and multifamily housing. The presentation is hosted by the Commission on Common Ownership Communities within the County’s Department of Housing and Community Affairs. The public is welcome to attend.
The Open House features:
- One-on-one meetings with DEP staff about environmental questions. Attendees are encouraged to bring questions they commonly hear at their Common Ownership Communities (COC).
- Exhibitor hall with booths on environmental topics including, recycling, trees, energy, stormwater management and watershed education.
- Six free, 20-minute environmental workshops presented by DEP on the following topics:
- Stormwater Facility Maintenance 101
- Trash and Recycling for Residences and COCs
- Landscaping Incentives
- Reduce Your Water Quality Protection Charge
- On-Site Composting
- Energy Savings
- CCOC presentation on the Board Trainings, outlining the new requirements for COC Boards and what they can expect at future Commission-led Board Trainings.