Looking for fun activities for your kids? Or how about a new wildlife documentary film screening? Or maybe, a workshop on gardening or bike repair?
Our calendar features upcoming community events for those who enjoy a mix of outdoors, activism, creativity, and learning. Make the My Green Montgomery calendar your first stop to planning your week.
Is our calendar missing an event? Tell us about it!
- This event has passed.
10th Annual Fairmont Sustainability, Health and Safety Fair
Friday, August 23, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce its 10th annual Sustainability Fair, to be held on Friday, August 23rd from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. in the hotel’s Colonnade Room.
The event showcases the eco, health and safety initiatives of over 30 DC-based organizations as well as the hotel’s own environmental program.
Below are some of the organizations guests will enjoy interacting with:
- American Forests
- Balance Gym
- BMW of Alexandria – hybrid vehicles
- DC Beekeepers Alliance – live honeybees
- DC Central Kitchen
- DC Fire & EMS – fire truck
- Department of Energy and Environment
- DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU)
- Department of Public Works
- District of Columbia Homeland Security
- DC Office of Homeland Security
- Fairmont ’s Beekeepers – honey tastings
- Food Rescue US
- Guiding Eyes for the Blind – puppy raisers and puppies in training
- Horton’s Kids
- Humane Rescue Alliance – adoptable dogs
- Keany Produce
- Metropolitan Police Department
- Northeast Maglev
- The Nail Saloon – eco manicured
- Trader Joe’s, Foggy Bottom
- US Green Building Council
- World Wildlife Fund
Fairmont’s Sustainability Fair is free and open to the public. Guests will be treated to honey tastings from the hotel’s rooftop hives, and each guest will be entered to win some great prizes. Many of the participants bring complimentary samples for attendees such as baked goods and energy saving light bulbs.