Looking for fun activities for your kids? Or how about a new wildlife documentary film screening? Or maybe, a workshop on gardening or bike repair?
Our calendar features upcoming community events for those who enjoy a mix of outdoors, activism, creativity, and learning. Make the My Green Montgomery calendar your first stop to planning your week.
Is our calendar missing an event? Tell us about it!
- This event has passed.
A.I.R.’s 2021 N.O. Lawn Care Community Fall Event
Saturday, October 23, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
About this event
Come learn about natural, organic (n.o.) lawn care, robot mowing, and other environmental initiatives Montgomery County is working on.
Hear from various elected officials, community advocates, and leaders including:
- Marc Elrich, Montgomery County Executive
- Tom Hucker, Montgomery County Council President
- Jonah Goldman, Co-Founder/Director of Strategic Marketing, PLNT Burger
- Wendy Howard, Executive Director, One Montgomery Green
- Paul Tukey, Director of Environmental Stewardship, Glenstone Museum; Author, The Organic Lawn Care Manual
- Ann English, Montgomery County DEP Rainscapes Program Manager
Along with great speakers we will have:
- Lawn Games (Cornhole, Mölkky, and more)
- Live Music
- Food (by PLNT Burger)
- A.I.R. Swag Bags
- Robot Mower Demonstration
- Robot Mower Raffle (see more info below)
Children and pets (on leash) are welcome to come.
Schedule of Events:
2:00PM-3:00PM: Networking, Lawn Games, Food & Drinks, & Live Music
4:00PM-5:00PM: Robot Mower Demo & Raffle, Networking, Lawn Games, Food & Drinks
Robot Mower Raffle
Looking to get a robot mower, but don’t know where to start. We will be selling raffle tickets for a 2020 Worx Landroid L 20V (4.0Ah) Cordless Robotic Lawn Mower with GPS that includes:
- (1) Landroid Off Limits Digital Fencing
- (1) Extra Off Limits Digital Fencing Stripe
- (1) Landroid Anti-Collision System
Note: Installation and associated costs are not included in raffle ticket.
Montgomery County Council Vice President Tom Hucker (left), Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich (center) and Montgomery County DEP Organic Lawn Care Manager Mary Travaglini (right) watching a Husqvarna Automower 450XH during the Fall 2020 robot mower demo.