Looking for fun activities for your kids? Or how about a new wildlife documentary film screening? Or maybe, a workshop on gardening or bike repair?
Our calendar features upcoming community events for those who enjoy a mix of outdoors, activism, creativity, and learning. Make the My Green Montgomery calendar your first stop to planning your week.
Is our calendar missing an event? Tell us about it!
- This event has passed.
Saturday, November 2, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
H 2O Summit
Set for Nov. 2nd, 2019 at the Rockville Senior Center, 1150 Carnation Dr, Rockville, MD 20850
Taking pride in local water quality, networking, and learning about what is happening in your area is what the H 2O Summit is all about! Join local community groups to learn about how the County addresses water quality and how you can become involved.
This year’s agenda will provide information and programs led by community partnerships and well as County Government, WSSC, Montgomery Parks and other opportunities County residents can utilize to help improve their local waterways.
Event page link : https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/water/education/events.html
Direct link to the Event registration: here.
- Salt, Salt, Salt! Learn about current salt management plans and research surrounding the use of salt and its impact on streams. Hear about alternatives and how you can influence your neighborhood to use less salt for icy conditions around the home in winter.
- Climate Change – Hear about actions you can take that will make a positive impact on Climate change.
- There is no such thing as the poop fairy! – County staff will be on hand to highlight the pet waste management program and how they have been working with HOAs to positively impact their residents and our local streams.
- Do you have a stormwater facility on your property? How do you know?, What do you do? County staff will introduce this relatively new program for residents to help to understand what is required if you have a stormwater facility on your property
- Breakout sessions – Topics on organic lawn care and anti-litter programs will be discussed and more at individual breakout sessions.
All these topics and more will be highlighted at the event. Attendees are encouraged to pre-register for lunch and bring their own cup/mug.