Looking for fun activities for your kids? Or how about a new wildlife documentary film screening? Or maybe, a workshop on gardening or bike repair?
Our calendar features upcoming community events for those who enjoy a mix of outdoors, activism, creativity, and learning. Make the My Green Montgomery calendar your first stop to planning your week.
Is our calendar missing an event? Tell us about it!
- This event has passed.
Review of ANSI AARST Standards for Radon Professionals
March 10 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Attention all radon professionals!
The MD AARST chapter is excited to announce that we will be holding two continuing education (CE) classes on March 10th, at Turf Valley Resort in Ellicott City.
These classes will fulfill the new requirements of NRPP (see news release below).
Nationally renowned radon expert, Dallas Jones will be teaching both classes!
***Review of Measurement Standards – 8am to 1pm (4 Hours) AARST Member $80 / non-member $100
***Review of Mitigation Standards – 1pm to 5pm (4 Hours) AARST Member $80 / non-member $100
********* FREE LUNCH INCLUDED when you register for BOTH classes!********
OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE MATERIAL:
Review of Measurement Standards –
Topics to Include:
- Differences between the old EPA Protocol & current ANSI/AARST measurement standards
- Distinction between guidance versus mandatory obligations
- Requirements for test durations and locations, and how to treat test results that disagree
- Protocol for testing individual units within the same building
- Definition & requirements for operating as a qualified professional radon tester
- Requirements for prior notification, verification of test conditions and onsite documentation
- What MUST be included in a compliant radon test report
- What documentation must be maintained and for how long
- What’s included in a general mitigation system safety review
- The role of an NRPP Certified Soil Gas Mitigation Compliance Inspector
- The procedures for testing post mitigation and new construction
- QC requirements for all test methods
- Warning / control limits for CRM comparison checks
- CRM calibration process including what must be included on the calibration certificate or sticker
Review of Mitigation Standards –
o Topics to Include:
- General Practices
- System Design
- ASD Installations
- Requirements for All Systems
- Post Mitigation
- Health & Safety
- Non-ASD Systems & Methods