eSai LLC is a growing energy engineering consulting firm located in Reisterstown, MD with experienced Mechanical, electrical and chemical engineers on staff. We pride in providing a culture conducive for contributions through self- growth, and development.
They are looking to hire a couple of energy engineers in Junior and Senior levels to help us with the Utility Energy Efficiency Programs in the Mid-Atlantic States.
Job Description Summary
The Energy Engineer will support the development and delivery of energy efficiency programs by providing engineering calculations, building energy simulations, measurement and verification, and utility program technical design and assistance. Leads design and development of technical strategies, conducts analysis to inform and recommend energy savings, and develops plans and provides reporting that contributes to the success of client programs. Writes and informs technical documents, publications, and conducts quality review of content. Provides general project oversight, quality control/assurance, and continuously informs customers and project team of updates and necessary adjustments. Supports business development efforts and proactively seeks new project opportunities.
- Calculate energy savings for projects in our programs using standard engineering principles including physics, mechanics, fan laws, thermodynamics, algebra, and statistic
- Effectively apply engineering principles to our program work
- Perform ASHRAE level II and III audits, with assistance
- Develop measures builds for program planning and BD efforts, with technical oversight
- Develop tools and calculators for use in our programs, with technical oversight
- Provide design recommendations for prescriptive projects in our programs; develop effective technical training materials related to prescriptive measures
- Analyze logger and utility data
- Review filings, utility commission documents, and evaluate documents for technical accuracy and sound engineering practices; communicate findings and recommendations to more senior engineers and program staff
- 4+ years experience
- BS Engineering degree
- CEM Certified
- Whole Building Energy Modeling with eQuest, Trace 700, HAP and Open Studio preferred