Our mission is to get more people biking and walking, more of the time, in Arlington. Be part of a compassionate Active Transportation team that emphasizes collaboration and communication. The BikeArlington Program Manager will focus on mobility choice initiatives for Arlington County residents that result in getting more people choosing to bike for transportation and recreation more often. The Program Manager will work with residents, businesses, commuters, visitors, and County departments to offer programs that promote active transportation choices. This position entails educating and encouraging residents to consider and use active transportation options such as biking, walking and rolling as well as understanding the integral role active transportation plays for people to also utilize other modes such as busing and Metro.
The Program Manager will spend approximately 30% of their time educating people about biking and developing resources and content for education and information dissemination. Approximately 50% of time will be spent working strategically with other programs and teams on integrated marketing materials, campaigns, pilot projects that drive behavior change, and event management. Approximately 10% of time will be spent on community engagement and direct service. 10% of time will be spent analyzing, tracking, maintaining, and reporting on program data to the Active Transportation Program Director.
• Plan, manage, and implement BikeArlington initiatives, events, programs, and outreach in coordination with the Active Transportation and Marketing Team to meet organization objectives and goals.
• Educate and train residents, commuters, and visitors about active transportation services and amenities.
• Create and staff classes and workshops to teach adults how to ride and learn new bike skills.
• Oversee, manage, and staff Arlington County’s Bike to Work Day with the Active Transportation and Marketing Team including: logistics, vendors, event budget, registration, content creation for marketing materials.
• Manage the Washington Area Bike Forum.
• Collaborate with marketing on Bike Arlington’s social media Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
• Partner with Arlington Transportation Partners on outreach to businesses for biking, including the Bicycle Friendly Business Program, presentations, demonstrations, and/or social rides.
• Manage and respond to inquiries regarding a variety of bike-related topics.
• Connect staff, contractors, residents, guests, and community partners with resources and each other.
• Keep track of your results and activities via digital tools such as Asana and Excel. Keep current with developments in the industry by participating in local trainings and webinars.
• Partner with other organizations, Arlington stakeholders, community groups, and others within the region to promote active transportation options.
Learn more and apply here.