The Associate Director of Market Transformation and Development for USGBC DC-MD-VA (DMV) works to ensure a vision that supports green building leaders, markets, and measures local mission impact. The Associate Director supports territory growth, development, and inspiration of the USGBC community, facilitates meaningful and effective market engagement, and deliver best-in-class education and partnership opportunities toward meaningful market transformation. This position supports growth in market opportunities, while maintaining relationships with existing partners, members, event sponsors, volunteers, and allied organizations. Working with the Regional Director and other USGBC senior management, the Director participates in the strategic development of the USGBC local community.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Draft and implement workplan aligned with 5-year strategic market/product, sector, and regional growth plans as approved by regional leadership.
- Responsibility for annual profitable budget, inclusive of revenue strategy and implementation and expense management. Revenue portfolio includes, but is not limited to sponsorship, membership, event registration, grants, etc.
- Successful achievement of non-financial performance goals and oversight of programs for membership, partnership, project registration, and other engagement metrics.
- Collaborate with the volunteer leadership and serve as co-chair/staff lead of Market Leadership Advisory Board.
- Deliver engagement activities with local and regional staff and volunteers that aligns with USGBC’s business/strategic plan. Ensure consistent high quality of programming.
- Manage organizational and individual membership program in community. Serve as account owner for key organizational members assigned from within community territory.
- Keep current on market trends to identify and develop robust programs and business models that establish USGBC as a leading voice and innovator in our market, while attracting new members and supporters to the organization’s work.
- Lead on at least one market sector focused campaign to grow engagement in USGBC membership and use of LEED.
- Measure and communicate to USGBC and the volunteers, members and partners on the success, financial viability, and market impact of program efforts.
- Build upon the strong individual and corporate partnerships that already exist, and be the primary focal point with donors, sponsors, and other stakeholders.