Sol Systems is seeking a Business Development Manager to join our Sol Customer Solutions team overseeing solar campaigns. This role offers the right candidate an opportunity to lead new solar sales and development efforts and join a growing team that is already one of the leaders in commercial solar development in the US. Sol Customer Solutions is a joint venture between Capital Dynamics and Sol Systems. Sol has deployed solar for commercial, municipal, cooperative, and higher education clients such as Amazon, Walmart, FedEx, University of Illinois, Bowdoin College, University of Massachusetts, and the District of Columbia.
Sol Systems is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. We have financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, Sol empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Educating potential customers on solar as a product and arranging for initial customer meetings and proposal presentations
- Prospecting viable customers through marketing outreach, calling campaigns, conference attendance, in-person meetings, and other creative outreach ideas.
- Analysis of customer’s current and projected electrical usage and potential financial return on investment
- Overseeing multiple campaigns focused on a geographic region or customer type from start to maturity
- Strategic analysis to identify qualified customers for commercial solar systems by understanding the relevant market, financing available, and other considerations.
- Financial modeling of potential opportunities
- Working closely with other members of team to stay current on solar market trends, particularly financing expectations and project costs, that influence and guide viable solar prospects
- Logging all communications with customers in Salesforce and running reports to measure activity
- Partial oversight of analyst and / or associate who will provide market research, qualification of customers, and generate proposals for interested customers
Read the full job description and learn how to apply here.