Climate Advisers – a respected research and public policy group dedicated to strengthening climate action in the United States and around the world – seeks a part-time paid Communications Intern, working up to 20 hours per week, to support our day-to-day communications efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a broad range of communications tools and platforms, ranging from social media and blogs to stakeholder lists and websites, in addition to supporting a dynamic team of advocates and analysts. The position reports to the Director of Communications and provides an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to major climate change initiatives and the role communicators play in achieving business and advocacy objectives.
- Publishing Content. Edit, format, and distribute external communications (reports, blogs, etc.) on behalf of Climate Advisers and Climate Advisers Trust.
- Writing. Draft climate-related internal and external communications, including social media, blog posts, op-eds, and other press and marketing materials. Manage and upload content to several Climate Advisers-related websites.
- Social Media. Help manage social media for Climate Advisers and our clients.
- Web. Maintain and improve multiple websites and online brands.
- Managing Outreach Tools. Track and manage press lists; build, update and maintain contact lists.
- 1-3 years practical experience in communications support.
- 1-3 years professional experience in a fast-paced office environment.
- Students pursuing a relevant undergraduate degree preferred.
- Candidate must be available 20 hours per week during core office hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm).
- Proven ability, experience and interest in a broad range of communications activities and strategies.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized, with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy, intellectual curiosity, impeccable integrity and sound judgment.
- Ability to absorb and synthesize information quickly.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in: web design, HTML, WordPress, database management, and social media management.
- Exceptional collaborative style.
- Research skills using online resources.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign preferred.
- Priority given to candidates with a demonstrated commitment to the mission of Climate Advisers: strengthening climate action in the United States and around the world.
- Must be located in Washington, D.C.