Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Early applications therefore have an advantage!
- Handle EESI’s social media outreach, mainly our Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Research and write articles on a broad range of energy, environment, and policy issues for EESI.org.
- Topics include: climate change, resilience, renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable buildings, sustainable transportation…
- Research and write articles for our biweekly newsletter, Climate Change Solutions
- Assist with the outreach for and execution of Congressional briefings and events
- Explore creative ways to engage and expand EESI’s network
- Research congressional information: bills, current issues, legislation, policy
- Attend Congressional hearings and other events and brief staff on material covered
- Data entry and other administrative duties
- Other responsibilities as required, based on the intern’s interest areas and the organization’s needs. In particular, interns are invited to research and draft fact sheets and issue briefs that will be distributed to the policymaking community
This internship requires a commitment of 25-40 hours per week for 10-12 weeks (1 semester), with extensions possible. We prefer full-time commitments. Citizens of any nation may apply, but EESI does not sponsor visas. We offer a friendly, informal and progressive work environment.
To apply, please e-mail Amaury Laporte at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name in the subject line of the e-mail as well as the following information:
- Cover letter explaining your interests, what you hope to gain, and what you can contribute. Please specify when you would be available for the internship and how many hours you could work per week.
- Writing sample in a journalistic style, 1 page maximum. Please avoid submitting an academic paper: we are seeking interns with an engaging, reader-friendly style to help get EESI’s message across.
- Optional: transcript
- Optional: list of references
This position will be open until filled. Interns are compensated at the rate of $14/hr. The average number of hours worked during the internship semester is 430.
See the full internship posting here.