Clark Construction Group is one of the most experienced and respected building and civil construction firms in the United States. For over a century, we have been transforming the ideas and visions of our clients into award-winning projects. We build with the intention of exceeding our clients’ expectations for safety, quality, functionality, and aesthetics, and deliver finished products that stand the test of time.
As part of our continued efforts to ensure our projects avoid environmental infractions and respond appropriately in the event they do occur, Clark is creating a new Corporate Environmental Manager position to spearhead our environmental management and protection program. The Corporate Environmental Manager will report to the Vice President of Safety. The qualified candidate will work closely with our dedicated team of safety professionals and project teams to develop, maintain and administer compliance programs, best practices and proactive protective measures across all subsidiaries. This position does require travel to jobsites and regional offices nationwide.
- Ensures environmental compliance on jobsites for a national construction company.
- Works with site-specific safety professionals and project teams to ensure project jobsites are compliant with both internal and external requirements.
- Establishes metrics, targets, reporting process, and standards to improve ways of working to strengthen and maintain excellence in environmental compliance.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on environmental and technical matters with environmental regulatory agencies including air quality, wastewater and storm water, spill response, and solid and hazardous waste.
- Maintains awareness of changes to applicable regulations and ensure site changes are made to meet regulations including EPA, NEPA, DOT, and other governing bodies.
- Identifies environmental risks associated with site activities and implement programs and procedures to eliminate, control or minimize risks.
- Ensures processes and systems are in-place for SWPPP compliance, governing permit applications and renewals, and internal/external environmental regulatory programs and plans to maintain audit & inspection readiness.
- Develops, manages, and maintains long-term business relationships with key environmental service providers. Monitor, audit and ensure service providers operate in accordance with approved management controls.
- Expected travel is 33% of time
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science / Engineering or similar field is required;
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is required;
- Master’s degree in related field preferred;
- Holding an environmental or engineering certification (CHMM or PE) is preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years prior experience in environmental management and / or programs with demonstrated knowledge of environmental regulations relating to construction;
- Excellent communication skills, including oral and written;
- Proven interpersonal, organizational and project management skills with ability to meet strict deadlines and drive change;
- Demonstrated ability to impact and influence decision-making at all levels of an organization.
To learn more about this position and to apply, visit Clark’s website.