Compost Crew is seeking experienced, professional drivers with excellent driving skills and a detail-oriented, customer service approach to their work. This is not an entry-level position.
The Crew Driver will be responsible for driving the company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner while maintaining the quality of service our customers expect and ensuring each customer is served safely, efficiently, and effectively. As a Crew Driver for Compost Crew you are a representative of the company and our mission for a more sustainable world.
This position is a physically active position in which you will be driving, exiting and entering the vehicle usually more than 100 times a day, and lifting weights up to 60 lbs.
Start time is between 4am and 5am and shifts are over when all customers on the route have been serviced. Two-month trial period included as part of the training process. Benefits available after trial period.
- Operate company vehicles safely
- Inspect and maintain company vehicles and equipment
- Provide excellent customer service
- Collect food scraps from customers
- Clean customer bins and provide supplies when necessary
- Work independently and with a team (depends on the route)
- Be ‘on call’ for routes with overtime when not scheduled for a regular route
- An excellent driver with at least 3 years of driving experience (NO CDL required)
- Must have a clean/good driving record
- Active DOT medical card required
- Excellent customer service skills
- In good physical condition: able to lift 60+ pounds and able to be run/walk for much of the day
- Able to get your hands dirty – collecting food scraps
- Must have a personal vehicle for commute
- Must have a smartphone with access to internet
- An interest in sustainability preferred
More Information: compostcrew.com/careers