T. Rowe Price’s Director of Corporate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) program will be an integral member of the Legal and Compliance Department (“Department”). Reporting to Deputy General Counsel, the associate who fills this newly created role will provide strategic leadership and hands-on coordination, development and implementation of ESG initiatives firmwide. This associate will be responsible for monitoring T. Rowe Price’s corporate environmental impact and will drive integration of ESG considerations into the firm’s business strategy. The focus will be on initiatives related to Corporate ESG data, ratings and disclosure for T. Rowe Price Group and its subsidiary companies. The associate will work with global business units, including the Investment Division’s independent ESG team, to ensure the firm’s corporate ESG philosophy and advocacy are consistent with the firm’s strategy, culture and values, and informed by the expectations of our associates, investors and shareholders.
- Create an integrated and coordinated corporate ESG strategy that drives business outcomes, reduces risk, enhances T. Rowe Price’s reputation, and supports the organization’s culture, values and mission.
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including T. Rowe Price Group shareholders through partnership with Investor Relations, in representing Firm policies, engaging in productive exchanges of ideas and ensuring consistency with best practices.
- Partner with the Investment Division’s independent ESG team to share market feedback and seek input on the Program.
- Create and monitor corporate ESG reporting frameworks, including business processes for tracking and disclosing key corporate ESG performance statistics.
- Manage data governance and review process to ensure accuracy and timely collection of T. Rowe Price’s corporate sustainability data and disclosures.
- Lead and coordinate T. Rowe Price’s responses to key ESG surveys (e.g., Sustainalytics, MSCI, DJSI, Bloomberg), understand the main drivers behind the ratings and maintain a dashboard and peer firm comparisons for T. Rowe Price’s ratings.
- Create, collect and maintain key qualitative and quantitative corporate sustainability metrics, talking points and other content for use in communications, including RFPs, media responses, presentations, shareholder and client inquires, and the Firm’s Corporate Sustainability Report and website.
- Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders within the Department and across the organization (e.g., HR’s CR, D&I and PR teams, Investor Relations, Global Distribution, and Brand and Corporate Marketing) to help maintain global coordination and oversee projects related to corporate ESG activities.
- Serve as an ESG subject matter expert and stay current on emerging trends, including expectations for transparency and reporting, and work with the Department’s Securities and Corporate Governance team and the Legal & Regulatory Affairs team to position the Firm.
- Develop external network, monitor ESG activities and approaches of peer firms, and share insights with internal stakeholders.
- Experience working in the financial services industry is ideal; asset management experience preferred
- Minimum 6 years of experience in corporate reporting, corporate sustainability/responsibility, sustainable investing, investment stewardship, or other relevant experience
- A proven track record of creating strategies and programs on a global scale
- Experience identifying and/or developing technology solutions to solve problems and increase efficiency, particularly as it relates to sustainability data
- Demonstrated knowledge of sustainability issues, disclosure practices, and industry-wide trends, preferably with an emphasis on the financial services industry
- Results-driven, independent, innovative and comfortable with taking on day-to-day execution duties
- A high-level strategic thinker capable of partnering with senior leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail oriented
- At minimum, an undergraduate degree
Learn more and apply here.