Sol Systems is seeking a Director of Development, Utility Scale Solar. This person will be responsible to lead and manage early- to late-stage project development efforts. The Director will oversee the execution of defined project pipeline initiatives and work collaboratively with construction, engineering, finance and asset management teams. This position is expected to be a source of expertise and provide strategic and tactical guidance for near and long-term project development initiatives.
Sol Systems is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. We have financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, Sol empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure.
The Director of Development – Utility Scale Solar will be responsible to:
- Create and oversee project development strategy within Areas of Interest (AOIs) based on market size and project availability, interconnection, permitting, project pricing, irradiance, basis, and alignment with finance and construction team requirements, objectives and milestones.
- Coordinate with local land agents to secure site control for green fielding opportunities.
- Advance mid- and late-stage projects through permitting, tax abatements, and site studies and coordinate interconnection with technical team.
- Enhance strategic partnerships with existing and new development partners.
- Manage third-party and internal project development teams.
- Collaborate across teams to evaluate project development risks and project valuation assumptions.
- Identify and structure joint development agreements, development services agreements, and pipeline agreements to support pipeline strategy.
- Maintain CMR toolset to review strategy and report out on activity that directs future development efforts.
- Build and enhance processes, work-flow procedures, risk review processes with approved risk tolerance metrics for utility scale projects in varying stages of development
Read the full job description and find out how to apply here.