As a Global Electric Mobility intern, you will work with other members of the Electric Mobility team at WRI to help research, document, and publish findings. One of your primary tasks will be to help populate and launch the team’s electric transportation database, which is a resource that will provide detailed information on a wide range of global issues related to enabling mass adoption of electric vehicles. Through this position, you will communicate both with staff in Washington, DC and with staff across WRI’s international offices.
Duties and Learning Outcomes
Your main duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Conduct and coordinate research and analysis on various electromobility topics.
- Organize information and research to input to the team’s online electric transportation database.
- Assist team members with collecting and organizing data from various sources.
- Contribute written and graphic content to publications, reports, papers, and presentations.
The intern will gain experience in the following areas:
- Program design and management
- Technical research and writing
- Electric transportation technologies and policy development
- Event planning
- Website development
- Pursuing or completed a bachelor’s degree (or pending completion of a bachelor’s degree) in transportation planning, urban/city studies, energy systems, transportation or electrical engineering, or a related field
- Personal health insurance coverage
- US work authorization (WRI does not sponsor interns for visas)
- Fluency in English
- Superb and detail-oriented writing skills
- Excellent editing, research, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable previous experience in creating original projects, products, or research activities
- Demonstrable enthusiasm regarding electric vehicles
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines and competing demands
- Fluency or near-fluency in a second language (especially Spanish, Portuguese, or Chinese)
- A master’s degree in transportation planning, urban/city studies, energy systems, transportation or electrical engineering, or a related topic
- Previous work experience related to electric vehicles, transportation planning, energy/grid planning, or another relevant field
- Demonstrated extracurricular interest in electric vehicle planning, sustainable transportation planning, or electric grid planning
General Internship Requirements
- Applicants must have personal health insurance coverage.
- US work authorization is required for this opportunity. WRI does not sponsor interns for visas.
This is a paid internship.
This is a full-time internship with flexible start and end dates based on the student’s availability and need for the project.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
Learn more and apply here.