Want to be part of young new company focused on climate change? Looking to make a positive impact on the climate?
Spectrum Energy, LLC is a unique team of Energy Engineers focused on analyzing building systems. We educate our clients on energy consumption in their buildings and provide alternatives centered on energy savings, first cost, life cycle cost and sustainability. Energy analysis, audits, LEED, code compliance and incentive models are a focal point of our work. Our ability to harness capital funding and energy analysis in a holistic approach to promote efficient building solutions centered around climate change and client priorities has led to our success. Our niche business is growing to meet the market demand.
We are seeking an Energy Engineer with energy modeling, auditing and\or commissioning experience. Experience in developing models to meet LEED certification, code compliance and LCCA comparisons is preferred. Knowledge in various HVAC System types, control strategies, energy audits and building codes is a plus.
The ideal candidate must be invested in growing their capabilities in order to better support our business goals. This role will be responsible for educating clients on energy consumption and finding innovative solutions to new and existing buildings by delivering audits and\or models which quantify and substantiate our recommendations. Must be capable of managing deliverables of multiple projects in a team oriented environment. Desirable traits are detail oriented, ability to listen, a problem solver and self-motivated attitude.
AS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE SPECTRUM TEAM, YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Positively effect climate change and save valuable resources
- Reduce building(s) dependency on fossil fuels.
- Identify unique opportunities to assist in funding of Sustainable Projects
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other functions may be assigned)
- Perform energy audits of building systems including HVAC, DHW, renewables, lighting and plug loads.
- Responsible for calculating HVAC heating and cooling loads for existing & new buildings.
- Conduct life-cycle cost analysis for building systems and heat transfer and related design calculations.
- Analyze project plans, specifications and visit sites to identify mechanical, electrical, control systems and facility operational characteristics.
- Evaluate building information to determine the most energy efficient design concepts.
- Responsible for preparing energy study reports for utility incentives, system comparisons, LCCA’s and LEED certification.
- Determine eligibility of utility rebates for projects according to the rules under Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Delmarva, and Pepco energy savings programs for projects in Maryland and Washington DC area.
- Generate utility rebate applications for both prescriptive and custom building systems; including lighting, electrical, mechanical, and associated controls.
- Design HVAC systems for buildings in both public and private sectors to meet building mechanical codes, ASHRAE standard 90.1, 62.1 and 55.
- Work with manufacturers in selecting equipment that meets specified energy efficiency, capacity and budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering.
- Up to 3 years of energy audit or commissioning or energy modeling related experience.
- Knowledge of heating and cooling load calculations.
- Familiarity with layout and design of HVAC systems, energy modeling and analysis for commercial and residential buildings.
- Windows/Microsoft Office product knowledge.