Eastern Research Group (ERG) is seeking a motivated and experienced energy engineer or analyst with a passion to drive change in the built environment. This position will provide full-time on-site technical support in a team setting for a federal agency located in Arlington, VA and will serve as a key member on the agency’s Energy Program. The overall mission of the Energy Program is to develop, implement, and promote energy conservation, energy efficiency, energy resilience, and sustainability, in accordance with Executive Order 13834, the Energy Security and Independence Act of 2007, and other federal mandates and policies.
Candidates must have:
- BS degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related technical degree required. MS degree a plus. Minimum 3.2 GPA for all degrees.
- Minimum five years of experience in energy management, energy auditing, performance contracting, commissioning, or MEP design for large commercial facilities required.
- Knowledge of energy consuming building systems (e.g., lighting, HVAC, motors, VFDs, controls, chillers, boilers, data centers, electrical distribution, transformers, and batteries).
- Knowledge of energy generation systems and power purchasing (e.g., cogeneration, on-site solar PV, wind, off-site PPAs, green power purchasing).
- Experience completing ASHRAE Level II energy audits of commercial facilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Self-motivated, adaptive learner in a changing environment and able to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate to diverse audiences.
- Strong team player and motivator with ability to foster cooperation and make decisions with groups of government and consulting team members.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance.
ERG is a well-respected consulting firm providing a wide range of support to federal, state, and commercial clients. The successful candidate will be joining a growing team of engineering, facilities, environmental, and sustainability professionals that focus on quality work and fostering collaborative, long-term relationships. ERG has provided engineering, management, and planning services to this federal client for nearly 15 years.
Learn more about the position on ERG’s Career webpage.