Spectrum Energy, LLC is a unique team of Energy Engineers focused on analyzing building systems. We educate our clients on energy consumption in their buildings and provide alternatives centered on energy savings, first cost, life cycle cost and sustainability. Energy analysis audits, LEED, code compliance and incentive models are a focal point of our work. Our ability to harness capital funding and energy analysis in a holistic approach centered on client priorities has led to our success. Our business is growing to meet the market demand.
We are seeking an Energy Engineer with energy audit and commissioning experience. Experience in developing models to meet LEED certification, code compliance and LCCA comparisons is preferred. Knowledge in various HVAC System types, control strategies, energy audits and building codes is a plus.
The ideal candidate must be invested in growing their capabilities in order to better support our business goals. This role will be responsible for energy audit project deliverables and execution. Must be capable of managing deliverables of multiple projects in a team oriented environment. Desirable traits are detail oriented, ability to listen, a problem solver and self-motivated attitude.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
• Perform energy audits of building systems including HVAC, DHW, renewables, lighting and plug loads.
• Responsible for calculating HVAC heating and cooling loads for existing & new buildings.
• Conduct life-cycle cost analysis for building systems and heat transfer and related design calculations.
• Analyze project plans, specifications and visit sites to identify mechanical, electrical, control systems and facility operational characteristics.
• Evaluate building information to determine the most energy efficient design concepts.
• Responsible for preparing energy study reports for utility incentives, system comparisons, LCCA’s and LEED certification.
• Determine eligibility of utility rebates for projects according to the rules under Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Delmarva, and Pepco energy savings programs for projects in Maryland and Washington DC area.
• Generate utility rebate applications for both prescriptive and custom building systems; including lighting, electrical, mechanical, and associated controls.
• Design HVAC systems for buildings in both public and private sectors to meet building mechanical codes, ASHRAE standard 90.1, 62.1 and 55.
• Work with manufacturers in selecting equipment that meets specified energy efficiency, capacity and budget.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering.
• Up to 3 years of energy audit or related experience.
• Knowledge of heating and cooling load calculations.
• Familiarity with layout and design of HVAC systems, energy modeling and analysis for commercial and residential buildings.
• Windows/Microsoft Office product knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Human Resources retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by the Vice President or Human Resources will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.