ZeniMax Media Inc. is a premiere publishing team that with a library of original interactive entertainment content for consoles, the PC, and mobile devices. Its Bethesda Softworks division, founded in 1986, has a long history of success as a publisher of award-winning video games. In addition, the ZeniMax group includes some of the most acclaimed development studios in the world. The company’s growing library of intellectual properties includes such major franchises as The Elder Scrolls®, Fallout®, DOOM®, RAGE®, Wolfenstein®, Prey®, Dishonored®, The Evil Within®, and QUAKE®.
We are seeking an Environmental Sustainability Manager to plan, develop, and manage the implementation of the Company’s environment health and safety initiatives – including programs, projects and resources that manage the Company’s impact on the environment. This would include carrying out evaluations of departments and operations within the company to determine opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering preferred or areas of study such as engineering, environmental science, or other related fields.
- 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated project planning and project management skills.
- Proficient knowledge of PC and MS applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proficient skills & comfort level with computers, software, email and text communications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups including managers, staff, vendors, and contractors.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet stated deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and desire for accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle information with the highest degree of discretion.
- Respond with positive and proactive attitude to employee or company needs.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Develop and execute strategies to address environmental concerns & programs including energy use, resource conservation, recycling, pollution reduction, waste elimination, transportation, education, and building design.
- Research environmental sustainability issues, concerns, or stakeholder interests.
- Develop methodologies to assess the viability or success of sustainability initiatives and monitor and evaluate effectiveness of sustainability programs.
- Supervise employees or volunteers working on sustainability projects or activities.
- Develop, and/or oversee the development of, marketing or outreach media for sustainability projects or events.
- Evaluate and approve proposals for sustainability projects, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and integration with other initiatives.
- Develop and/or oversee the development of sustainability evaluation or monitoring systems.
- Create and maintain sustainability program documents, such as schedules and budgets.
- Direct sustainability program operations to ensure compliance with environmental or governmental regulations.
- Identify and provide education & training of environmental programs and opportunities for ZeniMax employees or volunteers.
- Develop sustainability reports, presentations, or proposals
- Review sustainability program objectives, progress, or status to ensure compliance with policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Formulate and coordinate program specifications, requests for proposals, review & recommend proposals, assist with contract and associated document reviews.
- Regularly review the Company’s facilities to monitor environmentally sustainable practices in action.
- Be a support contact for all company personnel for any environmental issues (climate controls, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies & repairs).
- Work closely with facility staff to set guidelines and policies for recycling, energy consumption and waste generation.
- Research issues related to sustainability and their impacts to our organization.
- Assesses costs effectiveness of products, projects or services related to sustainability developments.
- Travel to other ZeniMax facilities to develop environmental sustainability programs.
Learn more and apply here.