Do you want to spearhead an established action-oriented, nonprofit in the Washington, D.C. area with a record of meaningful accomplishment in addressing the climate crisis?
In directing this dynamic nonprofit, your responsibilities as Executive Director will include:
• Lead an activist campaign as part of a coalition addressing our climate crisis.
• Managing the organization’s dedicated volunteers
• Running day-to-day operations of the nonprofit
• Initiating fundraising efforts to meet the organization’s budgetary needs
• The right candidate could grow this position into a Full-Time position
• Exec Director will assist the Board in development/revision of the strategic plan
• Exec Director will provide the Board with progress updates
The qualifications that you will need for this unique opportunity include:
• Great concern about the climate crisis
• Dynamic leader with effective oral and written skills
• Large amount of energy and enthusiasm
• Desire to manage and grow a nonprofit organization
• Management and accounting skills
• Some formal education and relevant experience
• Location is DC Metropolitan Area
PLEASE NOTE: Presently, there are no salary or benefits for this Executive Director position beyond the $200 a month stipend and an agreement that the nonprofit will cover expenses. However, the position includes an office (pending landlord approval), parking, computer, website with over 600 supporters, equipment needed for protests/rallies, nonprofit legal filings, and other things that a director will need to run a successful nonprofit. In close, the Board of Directors envisions that the right candidate, with the energetic support of the Board, will grow the organization and its financing, leading to increased compensation.
If you have questions or are interested in the position, please contact Ted at email@example.com/(301) 589-7598 (mobile)