Conducts research and analysis on energy use, projects, issues, activities, and policies to support the general work of the Office of Environmental and Energy Coordination (OEEC). Specific duties include:
- Assists the Senior Energy Analyst in monitoring, analyzing and evaluating county government energy data with the goal of reducing energy use and utility costs as described in the county’s Operational Energy Strategy.
- Uses software such as EnergyCAP to track and report on energy use in county government buildings.
- Collaborates closely with other county agencies to collect data, observe useful trends, and improve data processes.
- Creates complex graphs, dashboards, and reports to provide information to the OEEC, county departments, the Board of Supervisors, and the public on energy use and energy efficiency projects.
- Performs a variety of fact-finding techniques (e.g., interview, case analysis, observation, research, benchmarking) to gather information related to county energy use.
- Aggregates and assimilates data to identify major patterns, trends and themes regarding energy use and cost.
- Assists the Senior Energy Analyst in identifying and tracking energy efficiency upgrade projects in county facilities.
- Supports other OEEC initiatives, including those related to greenhouse gas emissions, clean energy, outreach, community planning, and resiliency.
- This position works under the direction of the Senior Energy Analyst in the Office of Environmental and Energy Coordination.