Solar United Neighbors is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to creating a clean, equitable, resilient energy system that benefits everyone. Our organization is growing, and the environment is fast-paced. This is an ideal place for someone looking to dive in and contribute to the growth of a dynamic non-profit. Since 2009 we’ve facilitated over 4,200 individual solar installations and 33 MW of solar PV capacity. We work hard, get things done, and have fun doing it!
We’re looking for a Go Solar Programs Director of Co-ops to help us scale our solar bulk purchasing program (“co-ops”) – making it more efficient and effective. We have already developed a great co-op process, with a standard operating procedure and necessary infrastructure. Now it’s time to shift away from manual work toward more streamlining and automation and make our member experience exceptional.
We want someone who will help us manage and then improve our co-op process at each step, from recruiting members to signing solar contracts and shepherding them into our engagement and advocacy work.
This job might be for you if you:
- have at least five years of work experience
- have at least two years of management experience
- have excellent attention to detail
- possess a customer-focused mindset
- love process and making things work better or faster
- love owning the outcome of a process and the challenge that comes with working across teams to make those outcomes possible
- have the ability to balance multiple projects and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- want to learn the solar industry from the inside out (solar technology, installer practices, solar financing, solar policy, etc.)
- know WordPress, Salesforce, Asana, and HelpScout/ZenDesk/or similar
- have experience in the solar installation industry (optional, preferred)
The position is located at our headquarters in Washington, D.C. in Dupont Circle. Salary of $55,000 – $80,000, commensurate with experience. Additional benefits including health insurance and paid leave included.
Learn more about the position and how to apply here.