The Residential Building Services team at SWA is seeking a professional to support energy efficient multifamily building design and construction. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a passion for improving the built environment, and experience with multifamily design and construction. Tasks include reviewing architectural and mechanical system design; inspecting and testing buildings under construction; and documenting energy/green measures to help new multifamily projects achieve green certification, meet local codes, and qualify for incentives.
SWA has established a reputation as a leader in high performance multifamily housing. This position offers limitless learning opportunities and the chance to positively impact people and the environment. At SWA, we see each new building as a chance for a healthier, more sustainable, and lower carbon future.
This position reports to the Senior Sustainability Consultant level or higher.
Our D.C. and New York offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. This position requires site visits, but will otherwise be a work from home position until the office reopens.
- Articulate building science principles and sustainability requirements to all project stakeholders.
- Review construction documents (plans, specifications, submittals) to confirm best practices and program or code compliance. Communicate recommendations to stakeholders.
- Perform analysis including takeoffs from construction drawings and calculating energy savings.
- Complete site inspections and performance testing to verify program requirements. Effectively communicate recommendations or corrections to construction trades in the field.
- Accurately document building measures as required for building certification or code.
- Independently plan and complete assignments.
- Deliver accurate and complete work products on time and on budget.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with colleagues and clients via email, written reports, telephone and virtual conferencing.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues and clients to solve problems and meet work objectives.
- Comply with all SWA policies and procedures, from project work to professional conduct.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Learn more and apply here.