IMT seeks a dynamic professional with an understanding of the complexities involved in adopting and implementing policies to improve the energy performance of buildings. The successful candidate will help IMT’s public sector clients plan, propose, and implement energy policies—integrating them with other local priorities such as equity, economic development, renewable energy, and electrification. This work will require interacting with a diverse set of stakeholders, across the public- and private-sectors, finding common ground for successful design and implementation of policies and programs. As IMT’s primary representative to cities on political strategy and policy implementation, this individual should have experience working directly within, or closely with, local government. Empathetic to cities’ need to take quick action and immediately reduce the energy consumption of buildings—this individual will be a self-starter driven by a sense of urgency for global climate concerns.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for cities engaged with IMT in policy passage and implementation
- Identify best policy options for cities—promoting energy efficiency and other decarbonization strategies—as critical means for achieving climate and energy goals
- Develop strategies for developing and deploying energy policies and programs in ways that promote equitable outcomes
- Coordinate IMT’s delivery of technical assistance to cities that have implemented building performance policies, through webinars, working groups, and one-on-one assistance
- Develop next-generation policy and program options to usher in increasing commitments to energy efficiency—in ways that ensure such commitments are achieved
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree, ideally with an emphasis on public policy
- Experience in public policy, sustainability, or related field, and a minimum of 3 years working in and with cities in the development and implementation of policies
- Ability to balance multiple partners/clients on different projects with competing priorities
- Demonstrated project management experience and prowess
- Experience directing the work of others and working collaboratively across an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of external stakeholders—such as building owners, environmental organizations, and multiple city departments—to incorporate and accommodate diverse perspectives and priorities
This is a full-time position based in IMT’s Washington, DC office, although remotely located candidates will be considered. The salary for this position is $80,000 to $95,000, based on geographic location and commensurate with experience. IMT also offers a competitive benefits package. To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please write “Manager – City Solutions” in the subject line.
Learn more here: https://www.imt.org/about/jobs/#ManagerCitySolutions