The mission of the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is to enhance the quality of life in our community by protecting and improving Montgomery County’s air, water and land in a sustainable way while fostering smart growth, a thriving economy and healthy communities.
DEP is seeking an experienced individual to serve as a full-time Manager III (Section Chief) in the Department of Environmental Protection, Recycling and Resource Management Division, Recycling and Refuse Services Section. This position is responsible for the overall management of the Recycling and Refuse Services Section and administers the ongoing performance of the Refuse, Recycling and Yard Waste collectors, and the Section’s employees, including managers, supervisors, inspectors, and support personnel. Additionally, the position is responsible for planning, budgeting and implementing continuous operations improvements while assuring the quality of all County provided residential recycling and refuse collection services as well as the enforcement and prosecution of County laws controlling the collection and disposal of recycling and refuse.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as Contract Administrator of all County provided recycling and refuse collection services contracts.
- Plan, budget and implement improvements in the methods for contracting and monitoring the performance of contractors, the methods for evaluating service performance of contractors, the methods for evaluating service performance and the types of recycling and refuse services that will be provided.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of business processes and service delivery to identify and direct the major changes necessary to accommodate rapid changes in information technology, add new collection services (food waste, textiles, electronics, etc.)
- Measure customer behaviors (recycling rates, contamination rates, use of containers and recycling bins, etc.)
- Provide management and supervision of the Recycling and Refuse Services Section supervisors, field and support staff.
- Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in solid waste management, solid waste operations or recycling and refuse collections services.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Driver’s License: Possession and maintenance at all times of a valid Class “C” (or equivalent) driver’s license from the applicant’s state of residence.
Montgomery County Government offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply, please visit our website and click on the “Search for Jobs at MCG” tab. Read the full job description under the “Clerical/Administrative” Job Category. The requisition number is IRC42465. Interested candidates must create an online account in order to apply.
This Recruitment Closes February 26, 2020.
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position, which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Resume Preparation Tips listed under the “Resources” tab on the Office of Human Resource’s MCG Careers webpage.