The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is an alliance of large clean energy buyers, developers, and service providers who, together with NGO partners, are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. REBA’s vision is a resilient zero-carbon energy system where every organization has a viable, expedient, and cost-effective pathway to renewable energy.
We are seeking a dynamic and broadly experienced clean energy professional who can learn quickly and help create significant, non-incremental change. REBA Managers have sound quantitative training and significant relevant work experience. We look for demonstrated success in solving challenging problems, the ability to think in numbers, and lead groups and policy processes. We expect self-motivation, curiosity, creativity, the ability to drive oneself and others toward meaningful results, and a passion for making the world better. The manager will both innovate and execute.
REBA’s Innovations Team
The REBA Market & Policy Innovations team helps REBA members achieve their goal of 60GW of renewable energy by 2025, expands the market of renewable energy buyers to thousands of companies, and supports REBA’s vision of getting to a zero-carbon energy future. This team seeks to:
- Ensure public policies, legislation, and regulations support and promote clean energy markets.
- Overcome market and policy barriers to buyer participation in clean energy markets.
- Provide a central point for REBA members to understand public policy and engage.
- Align market and technology innovation projects with policy, legislative, and regulatory innovations.
- Work closely with leading renewable energy buyers, mostly C&I corporations, to identify key market, policy, and regulatory barriers to non-residential clean energy procurement.
- Drives process for building annual engagement strategy and executes the plan.
- Lead and manage state engagements to bring the customer voice into legislative and regulatory proceedings.
- Educate member companies on policy engagements and market developments.
- Liaise with partner organizations to ensure alignment across the clean energy industry.
- Research, analyze and recommend policy changes to federal and state regulations.
- Provide resources, tools and platforms for REBA members to access information about energy markets and public policy.
- Synthesize recommendations into clear and compelling presentations and written products. Present quantitative information and REBA positions in a clear, visual format.
- Seek out and manage high-quality data related to solving complex problems and issues
- Create innovative problem-solving approaches to drive project insights
- Manage and support member relations and facilitate network engagement through communications, convenings, surveys, and on-going engagement with senior partners
- Conduct market research, identify new market channels, and recommend improvements
- Develop and maintain replicable tools and platforms
- Engage with external experts via phone interviews, conferences, and response to outreach requests
- Collaborate with team members to provide resources and project support
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies for REBA and external clients
- Other duties as assigned
- 7 or more years of experience in a field related to renewable or sustainable energy. Experience researching and developing energy policies.
- Broad understanding of energy markets and policy.
- Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) experience, utility experience, or corporate buyer experience preferred
- People management experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent in education or experience. Preferred degree areas could include engineering, mathematics, business, computer science, physical or social sciences or related disciplines. Graduate degree significantly preferred, or significant professional experience
The candidate will demonstrate skill in these areas:
- Understanding/experience in energy markets, regulations, legislative processes, or politics
- Generates original ideas and shares with others
- Willingness to take risks by exploring and testing new ideas
- Ability to work in a dynamic, flexible and rapidly evolving team and policy environment
- Takes initiative to improve processes and develop innovative solutions
- Able to independently dissect and explain complex issues
- High quantitative and qualitative acumen
- Strong written and verbal communicator, with ability to develop compelling storylines and facilitate group discussions
- Highly collaborative, strong team player, mentors junior staff, solicits feedback
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with REBA’s values
- Passion for making the world better
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
Learn more and apply.