Maryland League of Conservation Voters (Maryland LCV) and Maryland League of Conservation Voters Education Fund (Maryland LCV Ed Fund) are hiring a Development Director. We are seeking an experienced Development Director who is goal-driven, passionate about the environment, and able to develop and implement a comprehensive and effective fundraising strategy. The Development Director supervises the Development Associate, works closely with her and the Executive Director and is responsible for all fundraising activities, which include: outreach
to major donors, grant seeking and reporting and foundation relationship management, on-line supporter outreach, special events, and donor database management.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume and salary range to Kim Coble at firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Director in the subject line. Applications are due by 1/31/2020.
Major Donor Program
- Develop and implement a major donor program, including developing strategies, goals, timelines and measurable benchmarks for donor prospecting, cultivation, growth of existing donors, stewardship, and personalized communication;
- Seek new donor prospects and innovative opportunities for introducing Maryland LCV to new sectors of the philanthropic and political donor community;
- Conduct all necessary donor research. Develop supportive outreach material to be used in major donor cultivation;
- Support and prepare Executive Director and Board Members for meetings with major donors. Monitor and encourage board members’ major donor fundraising goals;
- Maintain tracking system on donor visits, pledges, and income. Send follow-up material and notes as needed.
Grant Seeking and Reporting
- Build relationships and provide regular communications with foundation representatives. Spearhead efforts to find, cultivate, solicit and steward new foundations for possible grants;
- Prepare grant reports and proposals, working closely with Executive Director and other staff as needed;
- Develop annual grants, files, track the status, and provide regular reports to the Executive Director of status of all proposals and reports;
- Maintain database with notes from visits, pledges, and income. Send follow-up material and notes as needed.
- Assist Development Associate with the creation, planning, implementation, and expansion of Maryland LCV’s annual signature event in order to reach fundraising goals. Event planning will require recruiting sponsors and providing support to host committees and corporate donors;
- Assist Development Associate with the creation, planning, and execution of other event opportunities, such as house parties, “friend-raisers”, and donor appreciation activities.
Online Supporter Program
- Work with staff to develop and execute annual online supporter fundraising drives which includes recruiting new supporters and retaining and upgrading current supporters;
- Assist in keeping online donation pages current and active;
- Work with staff to ensure accurate and timely data entry, record keeping and tracking in database.
- Shares Maryland LCV’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Passionate about protecting the environment and communities impacted by climate change and environmental injustice.
- Commitment and dedication to Maryland LCV’s mission, goals and strategies; interested in environmental protection AND the political process;
- 5 + years’ experience in non-profit or political fundraising using multiple strategies;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational/ time-management skills;
- Previous supervisory experience a plus;
- Friendly, warm and engaged demeanor on the phone and in person;
- Working knowledge of how to use relational databases for donor management (EveryAction experience a plus);
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter and problem-solver;
- Ability to work under periods of high intensity pressure and deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work both independently and in-team setting;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Salary and Compensation
Competitive non-profit salary range depending on qualifications and experience. The salary is accompanied by a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan with an employer match.
This is a full-time position based in Annapolis. Reliable transportation is required. Some evening and weekend hours are
required. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director.
Send a cover letter, resume and salary range to Kim Coble at email@example.com with Development Director in the subject line. Applications are due by 1/31/2020.