The Center of Sustainability Solutions builds on Green America’s work over the years, where we’ve brought together industry groups across supply chains to create major shifts in such areas as solar, community investing, sustainable agriculture and fair labor. The Center supports Innovation Networks, focused working groups of stakeholders with the objective of making significant, industry-wide system change. Current networks focus on clean electronics, climate and banking, regenerative agriculture, carbon farming.
The Partnership Engagement Director will have primary P&L responsibility for ensuring the revenue targets of the Center Networks. Current revenue targets are approximately $1.5 million to $2 million per year. Together with the network managers/directors, the Director will develop and execute a plan to cultivate and recruit collaborative leaders to participate in the networks. Working with program directors, project managers, and senior Center staff, the Director will help to ensure progress against project objectives, timelines, and targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure revenue to meet the network financial goals. Revenue sources include: network participant fees, corporate sponsorships, conference fees, and special project funding.
- Work closely with senior staff and Design Team members of each network to develop strategy for new participant outreach and solicitation; identify new participant prospects, lead and direct efforts to initiate contact, develop relationships, and close new memberships in support of all working groups and initiatives.
- Work closely with network teams to lead outreach and support of current participants to ensure that participant renewals are on time, on target and hit a minimum 85% renewal/retention rate.
- Contribute to developing participant strategies, coordinate follow up, manage database/CRM entries and track invoices/billing. Lead efforts to orient and on-board new participants and members.
- In concert with senior Center staff, participate in the development and implementation of network strategies and ensure that network plans contribute to greatest possible value for network participants and materially support progress toward the big goal.
- Track engagement & outreach progress against targets and shape strategy accordingly.
- Attend and contribute to network meetings.
- Travel to events to cultivate new and existing network members.
- Participation in all required departmental meetings and Green America staff meetings including annual operating and budgeting process.
The position involves domestic travel up to 30% travel for network meetings, conferences and business development client meetings, staff training, and other purposes. Travel may vary seasonally.
Qualified Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop trusting relationships with senior executives and high-level leaders across a range of sectors.
- The ability to understand and converse competently about complex supply chain issues with a broad range of stakeholders, and to provide useful frameworks for analysis and action on key supply chain issues.
- Strong project management skills, with 10+ years of experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Negotiating experience and the ability to move groups both quickly and collaboratively on key priorities. Experience facilitating large and small group discussions.
- Proven experience with business and client development.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Strong speaking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree strongly preferred
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Alisa Gravitz and Fran Teplitz at email@example.com. Learn more here.