Looking for a fulfilling, technically challenging career in Sustainability? Join our team at the Department of Permitting Services in Montgomery County Maryland. We’re looking to add another member to our team of green and energy code plan reviewers. Montgomery County is pushing the envelope with the introduction of the new Climate Action Plan, and the real work is happening in the building industry!
Job ID: IRC49483
Title: Permitting Services Specialist (Sustainability, Energy, and Mechanical)
Agency: Department of Permitting Services
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
The mission of the Department of Permitting Services (DPS) is to provide safe and secure communities and to contribute to the economic vitality of the County by providing the highest quality of public service while ensuring compliance with Montgomery County’s development and construction standards. The department is looking to fill a Permitting Services Specialist.
This Permitting Services Specialist position is responsible for examining Commercial Energy and Green Building plans in accordance with adopted codes, standards, and regulations.
- Ensure Commercial Buildings within the County are permitted to conform with the adopted energy and green building codes/regulations.
- Perform technical review of energy and green building plans according to departmental policy.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, and other representatives.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to departmental and field staff, technicians, managers, contractors, other engineers, architects, and advisory committees on permitting projects of high public interest and technical complexity to resolve complex issues relating to energy and green building codes and standards.
- Keep abreast of new techniques, methods, and products.
- Determine appropriateness of alternative construction systems or methods and materials to address situations where specified or conventional approaches do not apply.
- Collaborate directly with engineers, other professionals, and permit technicians to assure that individual permitting cases are processed cordially and expeditiously.
- Resolve difficult code/law enforcement/interpretation problems with developers, contractors, engineers, architects, and owners through meetings and discussions conducted in the office or field.
- Meet with clients to discuss requests for exceptions from code requirements; resolve discrepancies between approved plans and field conditions; resolve interpretive problems; and facilitate casework.
- Communicate technical guidance and establish and maintain effective working relationships with other professional staff and representatives from the building industries.
This position may be under-filled as a Permitting Services Specialist II, Grade 24. Salary: $64,102 – $106,250
This position may be under-filled as a Permitting Services Specialist I, Grade 21, Salary: $55,771 – $92,211
To view the complete job announcement and apply, please visit our website and then click on “Search Jobs” and then click on “Available Jobs” to see the full job description under the job category IRC49483. Interested candidates must create an account in order to submit a resume.