Assist EESI Staff with research and writing projects focusing on energy and environmentally-related policy issues including, but not limited to: climate change, resilience, sustainable agriculture, sustainable transportation and green communities, smart growth, high performance green buildings, energy efficiency initiatives, renewable energy and other various topics as needed.
Under the supervision of one or more Policy Associates, Policy Interns will:
- Research and write web content on a broad range of energy, environment, and US policy issues.
- Contribute to EESI’s biweekly newsletter, Climate Change Solutions.
- Attend Congressional hearings, other legislative activities and scientific and policy briefings and share observations with staff verbally or in writing.
- Assist staff in researching program and legislative reports (fact sheets, white papers.)
- Assist with outreach, logistical preparation and execution of EESI sponsored Congressional briefings.
- Identify, monitor and report on relevant science, technology and policy issues.
- Help update and maintain social media presence.
- Project-related administrative tasks as necessary.
This internship requires a commitment of 25-40 hours per week for 10-12 weeks, with a possible extension. You will work closely with one or more EESI policy staff. Please specify in your cover letter if you have an interest in a specific area of the organization’s work, or if you have specific qualifications. Please also specify the time period during which you seek to intern. Citizens of any nation, with a valid visa may apply. We offer a friendly, informal and progressive work environment.
To apply please submit the following as a PDF to Daniel O’Brien at dobrien [at] eesi.org. Please include your name in the subject line of the e-mail:
- Cover letter explaining your interests, what you hope to gain, and what you can contribute during an internship with EESI, as well as your availability. Please include any specific areas of interest in the energy and environmental field.
- Current resume.
- Writing sample, two-to-five pages in length; can be an excerpt of longer paper.
- Unofficial transcript
Please include your name in the subject line of the e-mail and attach the required documents as a PDF. Interns are compensated at the rate of $14/hr. The average number of hours worked during the internship semester is 430. Thank you for your interest.
See the full internship posting here.