The Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is seeking a highly skilled and experienced individual to serve the role of Program Manager II (Grade 23) and manage our contracts and procurement activities as well as lead our team of contract and procurement specialists. The position resides in the Administration and Operations Section of the Director’s Office. The salary range for this position is $64,708 – $107,346.
The individual will be responsible for providing full performance level assistance to multiple divisions in the Department regarding the placement of contracts, management of procurements and contracts after placement and integration of contract management with funding expenditures.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing highly complex and technical Request for Proposals (RFPs), Invitations for Bids (IFB) and other solicitation vehicles for programs and services in support of DEP’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP), and the Operating Budget.
• In collaboration with Division Chiefs, developing a strategic overview of contract timelines including extensions and renewal deadlines, tracking the status of decisions under existing contracts in place, development of a process/document to tie available budget to funding expenditures under contracts and a working level document to track the status of decisions needed to ensure contract mechanisms needed by the Divisions are in place.
• Ensuring contracts are managed according to the terms of the contract.
• Developing templates for guiding DEP staff using an RFP and/or IFB.
• In conjunction with the Office of Procurement, develop training on contract development and administration.
The successful candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of procurement laws, rules, regulations and administrative procedures. The candidate must have thorough knowledge of the County’s financial systems and processes used to initiate encumbrances, create requisitions, and conduct research for specific contract tracking or issue resolution.
The selected candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as work in a collaborative environment within a large organization with multiple priorities and have excellent oral and written communication skills. The ideal candidate must also be highly organized and detailed oriented, and have the ability to deal tactfully, effectively, and equitably with people.
This position requires the ability to attend meetings or perform work at locations outside the office. Occasional weekend and/or evening work may be required.
To ensure a positive workplace and to comply with federal, state and County laws, the incumbent is responsible for completing mandatory trainings within the first three to six months or within the specified timeframe.
Experience: Thorough five (5) years professional experience in procurement and contract administration.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education or experience may be substituted.
Montgomery County Government offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply, please visit our website at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HR/Recruitment/MCGCareers.html click on the “Search Jobs” tab, and then on the Job Search link
https://tinyurl.com/MCGJobSearch. Read the full job description under the “General Professional” Job Category. Interested candidates must create an online account in order to apply.
The requisition number is IRC38049
This Recruitment Closes July 5, 2019
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position, which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Resume Preparation Tips listed under the “How to Apply” tab on the Office of Human Resource’s MCG Careers webpage.