The Department of Permitting Services’ (DPS) primary mission is to promote the health safety, welfare, and economic well-being of residents, businesses, and communities in Montgomery County with timely professional, transparent, and consistent review and processing of plans and permits and thorough inspections of structures, rights-of-way, and development.
The Sustainability, Energy, and Mechanical (SEM) program is responsible for developing, implementing, and aiding projects in compliance with the International Green Construction Code, International Energy Conservation Code, and the International Mechanical Code. The SEM program plays a pivotal role in ensuring construction projects within Montgomery County meet the requirements set forth by the Climate Action Plan while also ensuring project teams understand and properly implement building codes.
This Energy Program Manager (Program Manager II) position is focused on assisting in the implementation of the energy code through the coordination of energy and green building plans and documentation in accordance with adopted Federal, State, and County codes, standards, and regulation in support of the Montgomery County Climate Action Plan (CAP).
Example of duties include but not limited to the following:
- Create programs, procedures, and policies that are utilized by DPS plan review and inspection staff.
- Monitor compliance, effectiveness, and operational processes for internal and external users and project team programs.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the energy and green building code amendments designed to bolster CAP measures.
- Develop and facilitate new analytics/data points in support of the new State and County codes and CAP.
- Act as a point-of-contact between the County and various stakeholders.
- Communicate technical guidance with professionals and representatives from the building industry.
- This position requires the ability to attend meetings or perform work at locations outside the office.
View the benefits.
Effective June 18, 2023, the salary range for this position is as follows:
Program Manager II, Grade 25 – Salary: $73,173 – $117,424
Experience: Thorough five (5) years professional experience in construction management or environmental management or related field.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
There are no preferred criteria assessments for this recruitment. All applicants will be reviewed by OHR for minimum qualifications. Applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be rated “Qualified,” placed on the Eligible List, and may be considered for interview. Selection for interviews will be given to applicants with experience in the following:
- Renewable energy design or installation
- Renewable Energy Credit management
- Sustainable energy design, consultation, or implementation
- Environmental management
How to Apply
Learn more about the position and how to apply.
Job Title: Program Manager II (Energy Program Manager), Grade 25
Location: DPS-Permitting Services
Organization Name: Department of Permitting Services
Medical Exam: Medical History
Background Investigation: No
Financial Disclosure: Yes
Closing Date: Opened Until Filled