The mission of the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is to enhance the quality of life in our community by protecting and improving Montgomery County’s air, water, and land in a sustainable way while fostering smart growth, a thriving economy, and healthy communities.
DEP is seeking an experienced individual to serve as a full-time Program Manager II in the Department of Environmental Protection, Recycling and Resource Management Division, Recycling and Refuse Services Section. This position is responsible for overseeing the operations of the Customer Service Center (Call Center) and managing and monitoring four contractors’ compliance with $18 million per year refuse and recycling services collections contracts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manages quality control review of approximately 450 incoming 311 service requests daily.
• Manages service request fulfillment of approximately 1,000 recycling container service requests weekly and coordinate workload of delivery personnel.
• Serve as Contract Administrator for two recycling container purchasing contracts, which includes RFP drafting, QSC chairing, PO creation, ordering of product from vendors, inventory review and budget tracking.
• Track collection contractor performance and compile statistical analysis.
• Handles and drafts responses to escalated resident service complaints.
• Provide supervision of the Recycling and Refuse Services Section three call center staff and recycling container field staff (1 employee and 3 contractors)
This position REQUIRES possession of a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a County vehicle to attend meetings, visit sites and/or performing other work at locations outside the office. As a manager/supervisor of unionized employees, this position has a responsibility for fostering a positive labor relations environment based on mutual trust, respect, and cooperation. To ensure a positive workplace and to comply with federal, state and County laws, the incumbent is responsible for completing mandatory trainings within the first three to six months or within the specified timeframe.
NOTE: The Department of Environmental Protection will be relocating to Wheaton, Maryland at a date still to be determined.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply, please visit our website at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/hr/recruitment/applynow.html and then click on “Apply Now.”
Click “Search Jobs” and see the full job description under the general professional category IRC45187.