The Program Officer would work primarily to manage corporate engagement across Freshwater & Food priority initiatives such as textiles, cotton and sustainable agriculture in priority geographies. This role will work closely together with key partners to proactively scope new and strategic opportunities for corporate engagement in prioritized geographies and sectors. The incumbent will conduct research, analysis and initial scoping of potential partners, platforms and opportunities that align with WWF technical offerings and strategic priorities. The Program Officer will also serve to link the Corporate Water Stewardship – CWS partnerships and activities with other Freshwater & Food initiatives and priorities, as well as with those of WWF more broadly. The incumbent may also support the management, oversight, reporting and knowledge management of specific projects and portfolios within the CWS team as needed.
- Supports overall corporate water stewardship initiatives, especially proactive strategic engagement of companies within key sectors such as textiles, cotton and agriculture
- Conducts data gathering, analysis, and engagement with corporates for potential place-based/landscape engagement in priority river basins.
- Supports overall communications, outreach, events and social media related to Corporate Water Stewardship
- Liaison with other Freshwater & Food priority initiatives, Goal teams and network practices.
- Works closely with key influence teams, within the WWF global network including Multilateral Engagement, and USG Policy teams to proactively assess opportunities, challenges and risks related to corporate engagement and water stewardship
- Develops specific relationships with key Private Sector Engagement team members, to develop strategic scoping of opportunities for corporate engagement in Freshwater and Food and WWF priority river basins and aligned with FW strategy
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
- Bachelors degree in a related field such as natural resources management, environmental science, ecology, law, business, international development or water policy is required; graduate degree will be favorably considered.
- Position requires 4-6 years relevant experience (2 with advanced degree) working with either water stewardship or resources management, sustainable agriculture, corporate sustainability, environmental certification platforms and business, as well as an understanding of risk analysis, policy and international conservation issues.
- Private sector experience preferred ideally in Apparel, Textile, Food & Beverage or CPG
- Hydrology or water resource management background
- Demonstrated ability to build and inspire private sector partners; Experience working with or within the private sector and senior level decision makers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and strong representational and diplomatic engagement experience required
- Self-starter, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, commit and complete concrete tasks and deliverables in a timely manner
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals across cultures and time zones
- Experience incorporating geospatial mapping and water risk assessment tools into water stewardship approaches and solutions
- Project management experience, diplomatic skills with application in corporate water stewardship, standards and certification system settings
- Strong project management skills
- Please visitCareers Page, job#20074, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter