Are you looking for a mentally engaging job where you can also be physically active on construction sites? Do you have an interest in affordable housing, building performance, or sustainability? If so, this position is an exceptional opportunity with a growing company. You can have a measurable impact on improving the sustainability, energy efficiency, comfort, and durability of affordable housing.
We are seeking highly motivated and passionate individuals to join our team of sustainability professionals in providing expert third-party, energy/green building certification services to multifamily projects throughout the region.
In this position, you will work in a positive team environment to verify green certification requirements through inspections and building performance testing, supporting programs such as LEED, Passive House, National Green Building Standard, Enterprise Green Communities, ENERGY STAR and more.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Conducting building performance inspections and testing in apartments.
- Recording complete and accurate field test data and observations.
- Clearly conveying site visit findings to project teams both verbally and in writing.
- Acquire job-related credentials as needed (employer-paid).
Growth opportunities may include:
- Providing support to design teams in the form of plan reviews, energy modeling and meeting participation
- Tracking and verifying certification requirements for specific projects
- Participate in continued development of internal systems and processes
- Continued acquisition of industry-specific credentials
- Advancement to higher levels of responsibilities and project management
Why you’ll love it at Pando Alliance
We are deeply rooted to our community of partners and steadfastly support the vital work of providing decent, healthy, and affordable housing.
We differentiate ourselves through a client-focused, service mentality and give our team members the space and resources they need to authentically care for our clients and their teams. Likewise, we care for our staff with meaningful career growth opportunities, a healthy work/home balance, and a friendly, low-drama work environment.
As an anti-racist organization, Pando Alliance is committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining highly talented people from a candidate pool that reflects the diverse communities with which we work. We strongly encourage people of color, women, and LGBTQ+ identifying folks to apply. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make decisions without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Along with work-from-home flexibility, Pando Alliance offers an outstanding pay and benefits package, including comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision), life and short-term disability insurance, 401(k) with profit sharing, flexible spending account (FSA), flexible PTO policy, parental leave, paid vacation, and sick leave. Extensive, employer-paid training is provided.
B Corp certification pending!
We’re looking for:
- a demonstrated commitment to sustainability and/or affordable housing, and a genuine interest in construction. This could be in the form of prior job experience, coursework in construction, architecture, engineering, environmental studies, building science, etc., or even volunteer work. You bring the passion; we’ll deliver the training!
- a bright, capable, and flexible person with a strong ability to manage their time effectively. Someone not rattled by rapidly changing project schedules.
- a quick and curious learner who takes satisfaction in identifying solutions to difficult problems.
- a great communicator with a professional demeanor. The ability to clearly express yourself verbally and in writing. Someone who would look forward to engaging with builders on construction sites and reporting your inspection findings to the project team in detail. Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel would be a plus.
- a kind and caring person with a service-oriented disposition and a friendly yet professional demeanor. Someone who enjoys working collaboratively toward a common purpose in a positive team environment.
Prior industry credentials are not required but if you have any of the following, we’re especially interested in talking with you: HERS Rater, NGBS Green Verifier, LEED Homes Green Rater, PHIUS+ Rater, BPI Building Analyst (or Multifamily Building Analyst, Envelope Professional, or HVAC Professional).
Qualified applicants must have the means to securely transport diagnostic equipment to project sites throughout Maryland, DC, Northern VA, Delaware, and Southern PA.
Physical demands of this position:
- Employee will be performing tasks using a computer and other light office equipment.
- Employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to type, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 40 pounds, climb stairs, use ladders up to 12 feet, and endure typical construction site
conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Field work involves visits to project sites. This sometimes requires work in basements, crawlspaces and attics, as well as in a wide range of
- Frequent, local day travel with personal vehicle will be necessary (estimated to be more than 50%). A valid, unrestricted driver’s license is
required and must be maintained without interruption. Mileage in excess of office commute is reimbursed.
You must be authorized to work in the US. We may investigate your background, employment history, credentials, and qualifications at any time during our employment relationship.
In an effort to support employee health and wellness, Pando Alliance requires that all employees are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and able to show proof of vaccination status. We also maintain a tobacco-free employee policy and therefore will not hire consumers of tobacco products.
Above all, you must be someone who will embrace our core values of Continuous Learning & Advancement, Accessible Wisdom, Authentic Caring, Demonstrated Integrity, and Impact. If this sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
For more information, please visit us at www.pandoalliance.com.