In this role, you will support the research, analysis, and outreach efforts of WRI projects focused on raising national ambition, specifically on NDCs and long-term strategies.
Your research will help improve understanding of national and global ambition for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and use data and analysis to inform and influence a diverse set of international climate policy stakeholders. You will initially play an active role in analyzing the mitigation commitments that countries put forward in 2020, and will subsequently support efforts to monitor progress towards achieving those commitments.
This is a unique opportunity to deepen and evolve your understanding of national progress toward addressing climate change and contribute to analysis that has a meaningful impact on how countries enhance action.
Research & Knowledge (75% time):
- Assist with qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Conduct desk research and literature reviews
- Assist with and/or co-author reports, briefs, and data products
- Assist with and/or co-author blog posts and other communication documents
- Present at internal meetings
- Review knowledge products written by other researchers
Administrative (25% time):
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, workshops, conferences and other dissemination activities
- Liaise with external partners and WRI colleagues across programs and countries
- Draft reports to funders
- Respond to internal and external requests for information
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Policy, Environmental Studies, Economics, Engineering, the Natural Sciences, Public Policy, or related field
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant, full-time work experience in related role and subject matter
- Familiarity with GHG emissions data and with other data common to relevant sectors (energy, forests, agriculture, etc.)
- Familiarity with national and international climate change and energy policies
- Knowledge of the UNFCCC negotiating process a plus
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and highly motivated
- Excellent qualitative and/or quantitative research and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and internet research
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with teams of individuals and colleagues
- Flexibility to travel
- US work authorization is required for this opportunity.