The Montgomery County Green Bank (the “Green Bank”) is Montgomery County’s designated Green Bank, a publicly chartered, 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to accelerating affordable energy efficiency and clean energy investment in Montgomery County, Maryland. The Green Bank partners with the private sector to build a more inclusive prosperous, resilient, sustainable, and healthy community. Our work supports Montgomery County’s goal to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions.
Summary of Position
The Green Bank is seeking a Residential Solar Program Manager (“Manager”) to help scale up financing programs that support residential renewable energy with a particular effort around those benefiting low- and moderate-income households. This position is fundamental for the Green Bank to deliver clean energy financing to residential households, both homeowners and renters, through both on-site renewable energy and community solar energy programs. The position will focus on program development, financial structuring, direct outreach to stakeholders and end users, community education, project identification, and pipeline development and management.
The position will hold primary responsibility for the success of the Programs. The position will handle all aspects of making the Programs functional, including identifying program options, developing program structures, implementing programs, defining financial structures for the Green Bank, and supporting development and management of financial partners. Following successful defining of the Programs, the position will manage the operational aspects of the Programs, including launching programs, conducting outreach to relevant stakeholders, managing program operations, conducting any campaigns related to programs, and managing pipelines of projects using the programs. To be successful, the candidate’s experience should include understanding of various renewable energy residential programs and the use of financing for these programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Working with the Green Bank team, the Manager will support community solar and rooftop solar programs for residential homes with an emphasis on low- and moderate-income households (“Programs”). Specifically:
- Develop program design for a low- and moderate-income rooftop solar program.
- Support existing, and potentially new, community solar efforts.
- Implement Green Bank selected rooftop and community solar Programs, including instituting necessary operational structures and financing structures.
- Develop and manage relationships with external stakeholders / partners that are needed to support Programs.
- Gather and analyze relevant market, product, and transaction-related data to identify opportunities for Programs.
- Conduct extensive marketing and outreach to end-users to inform on programs and identify potential users of Programs.
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities.
- Support the Green Bank investment / financing activities for individual project and / or Program structures.
- Develop the operational controls for the Programs.
- Conduct all operational needs to effectively oversee Programs and assure compliance with internal processes and external relationships.
- Manage and oversee portfolio management of projects under Programs.
- Oversee the management of the reporting on Programs to internal and external partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Real Estate, Finance, or other relevant degree.
Experience, Skills And Abilities Required or Desired
To achieve the stated objectives for this position the following experience will be required:
- 5+ years of experience in clean energy field (preferably with renewable energy as an area of focus), commercial or residential real estate with focus on clean energy development or finance, or other green building in the real estate sector.
- Understanding of energy efficiency and renewable energy economics and finance and impact on property owners’ value assessment, property financing drivers and strategies.
- Demonstrated program / project management skills and experience.
- Experience in outreach and engagement with external stakeholders building consensus and partnerships.
- Experience working in a metric driven, project goals environment.
- Self-motivated, team oriented.
- Excellent organizational, quantitative, writing, research, and communication skills; able to interface with top level executives.
- Attention to detail / thoroughness / focus / determination
- Strong proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required.
The Green Bank is an “at-will,” equal opportunity employer. The Green Bank considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
Commensurate with position requirements experience and qualifications.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 3, 2020.