The Urban Land Institute (ULI) is the oldest and largest network of cross-disciplinary real estate and land use experts in the world. ULI provides leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide. We have more than 46,000 members worldwide, representing the entire spectrum of the land use and development disciplines in private enterprise and public service—including property owners, investors, developers, service firms, planners, public officials, and academics.
We are seeking a Senior Associate for Outreach and Networks with an interest in maximizing the reach and impact of programs centered on healthy, resilient, and high-performance buildings and communities.
The Senior Associate will play an essential role within ULI’s Center for Sustainability and Economic Performance (CSEP) and will work across CSEP’s three flagship programs: Building Healthy Places, Greenprint, and Urban Resilience. CSEP is a dynamic center that produces cutting-edge research and content for use by ULI members and industry partners. The Senior Associate will support the development and implementation of creative and strategic outreach plans for CSEP content and initiatives. The Senior Associate will report to the director of the Building Healthy Places program.
This is a great opportunity if you are:
- A highly dedicated communications professional, excellent writer, and strategic thinker;
- Driven to achieve impact and advance leading-edge work on healthy, resilient, sustainable, and energy-efficient buildings and communities; and
- Motivated by cross-team collaboration and engagement with ULI members and partners.
This is a full-time exempt position located in Washington D.C. reporting to the Director, Building Healthy Places.
- Maximize the visibility and reach of programs, content, and research by leveraging ULI member and partner networks:
- Develop marketing strategy and communications collateral for CSEP content, including major reports.
- Provide ongoing updates for CSEP web pages.
- Recruit ULI district councils (local chapters) to host related events.
- Schedule and manage webinars.
- Track upcoming conferences by partner organizations and submit session proposals for speaking events with ULI staff and members.
- Write articles, blog posts, and other pieces for ULI publications and place them in Urban Land magazine, Urban Land online, and other media outlets.
- Collect and share stories of impact generated by projects and ULI members focused on improving the health of people and communities and translate stories into messages for specific audiences.
- Develop systems and procedures to optimize outreach:
- Create e-newsletters by collecting content and managing mailing lists.
- Manage inventory of physical reports and external mailing lists.
- Design and implement system to improve management of CSEP image library.
- Track marketing and communications metrics.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated talent in translating complex, technical concepts into targeted messages for various audiences.
- Enthusiasm for engaging with ULI’s cross-disciplinary members and partners.
- Capability to produce engaging, clear, and concise articles, blog entries, and other pieces.
- Ability to produce multiple high-quality deliverables while maintaining attention to detail and timelines.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in real estate, urban planning, sustainability, and public health a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field.
Travel within the United States as required. A reasonable expectation would be one trip every other month, each lasting two to three days.
To apply, please follow this link. Please submit a résumé and letter of interest.