Spectrum Energy, LLC is a unique team of Energy Engineers focused on analyzing building systems. We educate our clients on energy consumption in their buildings and provide alternatives centered on energy savings, first cost, life cycle cost and sustainability. Energy analysis audits, LEED, code compliance and incentive models are a focal point of our work. Our ability to harness capital funding and energy analysis in a holistic approach centered on client priorities has led to our success. Our business is growing to meet the market demand.
We are seeking a Senior Energy Engineer Lead with minimum of 5-6 years of building modeling experience and 3-5 years of HVAC System design. Experience in developing models to meet LEED certification, code compliance and LCCA comparisons is expected. Experience in energy audits and commissioning is a plus. Knowledge in various HVAC System types, control strategies, building codes and LEED certification is required.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Energy Engineer Lead opportunity must be invested in the development of our engineering staff, and focused on growing their capabilities in order to better support our business goals. This role will be responsible for project deliverables and quality control of our products. Must be capable of managing deliverables of multiple projects in a team oriented environment. Desirable traits are detail oriented, ability to listen, a problem solver and self-motivated attitude.
This individual shall be capable of evaluating building types through modeling software or engineering calculations to determine optimal building systems and energy efficiency measures. The position is responsible for the development of comprehensive analysis reports detailing the optimal energy conservation measures. Ability to create sustainability studies assessing water, energy and carbon consumption through proven engineering calculations and techniques. Responsible for preparing and processing utility incentive applications and managing the application process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
• Perform energy modeling and analysis for building systems including HVAC, DHW, renewables, lighting and plug loads.
• Responsible for calculating HVAC heating and cooling loads for existing & new buildings.
• Conduct life-cycle cost analysis for building systems and heat transfer and related design calculations.
• Analyze project plans, specifications and visit sites to identify mechanical, electrical, control systems and facility operational characteristics.
• Evaluate building information to determine the most energy efficient design concepts.
• Validate energy performance for both existing and new mechanical systems, specify mechanical system components; identify design problems and create optimal solutions.
• Responsible for preparing energy study reports for utility incentives, system comparisons, LCCA’s and LEED certification.
• Determine eligibility of utility rebates for projects according to the rules under Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Delmarva, and Pepco energy savings programs for projects in Maryland and Washington DC area.
• Generate utility rebate applications for both prescriptive and custom of building systems; including lighting, electrical, mechanical, and associated controls.
• Complete cost estimate and coordinate with electrical, plumbing, architecture, and other consultants.
• Work with manufacturers in selecting equipment that meets specified energy efficiency, capacity and budget requirements.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and appropriate contacts, maintain awareness of industry trends and developments.
• Simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of projects effectively.
• Create and develop internal training resources for team.
• Act as point of contact for Energy Engineer questions, and training internally—especially complex and advanced projects/situations. Assist with resolving issues/discrepancies and provide lessons learned as appropriate.
• Assist with developing best practices and procedures to continuously improve internal processes in the team.
• Develop and deliver customer presentations related to energy efficiency.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering (HVAC or energy modeling experience is preferred), plus 5-6 years of modeling experience & 3-5 years of HVAC system design experience.
• Experience in training and presentations.
• Experience in creating heating and cooling load calculations.
• Familiarity with layout and design of HVAC systems, energy modeling and analysis for commercial and residential buildings.
• Experience in conducting Building Code research including ASHRAE Standard 90.1, 55, and 62.1.
• Prior use of industry standard software programs and applications including but not limited to; AutoCAD, SketchUp, TRACE 700, HAP, Equest, Open Studio, Design Builder.
• Windows/Microsoft Office product knowledge.
• Ability to effectively communicate thoughts, both in writing and oral presentations.
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects with varying deadlines.
• Excellent collaboration and project coordination skills.
To view the complete job description and to apply, please visit our site and click on the Senior Energy Engineer Lead Position.