Job Title: Senior Manager, Operations and Membership
Company: Coalition for Community Solar Access
Job Location: Remote
Job Type: Full-time
Experience Level: Senior
Salary: $105,000 – $120,000
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed as received.
The Coalition for Community Solar Access (“CCSA”) is seeking qualified applicants for the role of a senior manager of operations and membership.
To be successful in this role, you must possess excellent organizational skills to perform various duties under the supervision of the senior director of operations. In this role, you will constantly seek new strategies to increase operational performance. You will interact with a wide range of CCSA member companies and help identify new members and other opportunities that would generate revenues. You must embrace several critical support functions, including human resource management, organizational planning, member engagement, and planning member events. Your role is integral to the success of the organization with its aim to open, protect and serve community solar markets across the nation.
- Manage recruiting and hiring top talent for our growing team
- Manage onboarding for new employees and design guides for systems and technology training
- Manage staff resources, payroll and benefits administration
- Ensure CCSA remains compliant in all employee relations
- Manage performance reviews and annual performance contracts
- Assist in quality control of member products and develop new products
- Perform prospective member research and outreach
- Support planning and execution for all CCSA member events
- Launch new member engagement platform to improve user experience
- Support organizational planning and master calendar management
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations (state lobbying departments and otherwise)
- Manage job boards for internal postings and member job posts
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for growth for the organization
- Support team communication and promote healthy culture; ensure the team has the resources they need to get their jobs done
- Deliver a positive, professional, results-oriented experience with follow-through, attention to details, and resourcefulness
- Establish clear goals and KPIs to measure the effectiveness of operational strategies
- Prior experience in human resources, operations, administration, and/or association management
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience building successful teams
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-changing, entrepreneurial, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- (Required) Intermediate MS Office skills
- (Preferred) Experience with renewable energy
The perks of working at CCSA:
- Base salary range is between $105,000 – $120,000 with the opportunity to participate in an additional performance incentive plan. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge and skills of applicant, and alignment with market data.
- Company sponsored, flexible reimbursement plan for health/dental/vision insurance benefits. The reimbursement plan covers up to 100% of premiums for employees and their families, in addition to co-pays and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Paid parental leave
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 11 paid holidays
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company matching (starting Jan 1, 2023)
- Professional coaching opportunities
- A fun and collegial environment
- Weekly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the organization and your team members
- Remote, flexible
- Occasional travel for CCSA events
Our team members are passionate about expanding access to renewable energy solutions to every American energy consumer and are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in the workplace and in the communities with which we partner. If you will enjoy working in a growing organization with a collegial work environment, and in a fast paced and self-starting culture, you are probably a great fit for our team!
Please send resume and cover letter to McKenzie Bolduc – email@example.com – with the subject line “Sen. Manager, Ops and Membership– YOUR NAME”.
The Coalition for Community Solar Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Focus on Results. We have clear and ambitious goals that drive everything we do on a daily basis. Every day we ask ourselves the question: will the actions I take achieve results that get me closer to my goals? If the answer is yes, then we push forward. Setbacks happen and not everything is in our control, but we focus on what we can control and move toward our goals one victory at a time.
- Foster Dialogue. We debate ideas, not people. We take the energy of our differences and channel it toward something that has never been created before. The problems we tackle are colorful and complex. To drive to the right decision, we believe in respectfully and productively debating ideas and leaving our egos at the door.
- Put people first. We prioritize the well-being of our team and take the approach of the “whole person”. We believe that we bring our best selves to our professional lives when we are balanced and taking care of ourselves and each other.
- Inclusivity. We deeply value diversity of thought, background, and lived experience – and through this is where our most transformative, lasting innovation grows. As our industry expands, we are committed to actively bringing new people, businesses, and localities into the fold, especially those who are traditionally underrepresented.
- Member Service. We represent the collective voice of our members, who want to see community solar expand and grow. We provide a valuable service to our member community, keeping them up to date on our campaigns and policy initiatives, which helps them plan and grow their businesses. We also serve members by amplifying their collective voice to expand their impact in the market.
Mission and Core Principles
The Coalition for Community Solar Access is a national Coalition of businesses and non-profits working to expand customer choice and access to solar for all American households and businesses through community solar. Our mission is to empower every American energy consumer with the option to choose local, clean, and affordable community solar. We work with customers, utilities, local stakeholders, and policymakers to develop and implement policies and best practices that ensure community solar programs provide a win, win, win for all, starting with the customer.
We promote policies, programs, and practices that:
- Allow all consumers the opportunity to participate in and directly economically benefit from the construction and operation of new clean energy assets.
- Provide equal access for community solar providers to build and operate community solar projects and interconnect those projects to the serving utility’s grid.
- Incorporate a fair bill credit mechanism that provides subscribers with an economic benefit commensurate with the value of the long-term, clean, locally-sited energy produced by community solar projects.
- Support the participation of diverse customer types in community solar programs, and encourage customer choice with providers, product features, and attributes to catalyze innovation and best serve customers.
- Encourage transparent, non-discriminatory utility rules on siting, and interconnecting projects, and collaboration with utilities to facilitate efficient siting and interconnection.
- Ensure that community solar projects are operated and maintained well to protect customers and providers’ investment.
- Ensure full and accurate disclosure of customer benefits and risks in a standard, comparable manner that presents customers with performance and cost transparency.
- Comply with applicable securities, tax, and consumer protection laws to reduce customer risk and protect the customer.
- Maintain a 360-degree view of the community solar market and ensure a beneficial role for all parties in the partnerships forged between subscriber, provider, and utility.