This is an entry-level professional position on the Knowledge & Practice team reporting to the Director, Sustainability Knowledge & Engagement with dotted line reporting to the Sr. Director, Resilience, Adaptation & Disaster Assistance. In this support role, the Specialist will coordinate logistics of the AIA Safety Assessment Program training and provide communications and administrative support for the Sustainability and Resilience department. This role will work closely with internal staff and volunteer leaders on email and web-based products/services covering different areas of design excellence.
Job requirements include:
- Skill in providing collaborative project support to a team, including prioritizing duties, retrieving information, tracking projects, and maintaining schedules.
- Ability to work independently when necessary; strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks proficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking to identify and resolve problems. Sound judgment and commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and oral/written communication skills. Strong diplomacy skills.
- Work well & interact with variety of clientele e.g., volunteer leadership, members, and staff.
- Proficient in data entry including speed and accuracy.
- Preferred: proficient with email marketing systems.
- Preferred: member engagement systems such as Higher Logic.
- Preferred: web-based research and information dissemination applications, content management systems, and association management systems.
- Preferred: educational knowledge capture and delivery processes, including virtual media, social networking, and other applicable communication tools.
BA or BS degree in communications, business, marketing, English, or related field and 2-3 years of responsible communications & project management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some association experience as staff or volunteer is preferred. Potential to travel to AIA annual and department conferences.