The Environmental Action Center (EAC) is hiring a Staff Attorney for legal advocacy work in the Chesapeake Bay watershed and Mid-Atlantic region, with an emphasis on the Clean Water Act, improving state programs and administration and watchdogging permits. The position requires 2+ years of post-law school legal experience, and the selected candidate will work closely with coalition partners on Chesapeake Bay-related enforcement priorities.
- Work closely with EAC attorneys, coalition partners, and clients to advocate for better clean water protections and permitting.
- Individually and as a team member: investigate and develop cases, analyze policy issues, and litigate against both agency and corporate defendants.
- Law school graduate admitted to, or eligible to apply for admission to, the Maryland Bar.
- 2 or more years of post-law school legal experience, including litigation experience.
- Excellent research, analytic, writing, and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, initiative, sound judgment, and creativity.
- Ability to work constructively and with professionalism in a diverse, dynamic, and hard-working team-oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the EAC: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability. Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, a legal writing sample of no more than 7 pages, phone and email contacts for three references, and law school transcripts. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please submit your application materials to Patrick DeArmey at email@example.com.
Competitive nonprofit salary and benefits package, within a range of $55,000 – $79,000, including a family-friendly, flexible work environment.