TOR for Corporate Responsibility Program – Communications and Reporting
Program Description: The World Bank Corporate Responsibility Program (CRP) is tasked with ensuring the World Bank operates in a sustainable manner. The team carries out its mission by a) measuring, managing and reducing the Bank’s environmental impact, b) reporting internally and externally to stakeholders on the Bank’s sustainability efforts, and c) engaging staff on ways to be more sustainable in their everyday lives.
The Corporate Responsibility Program operates as a cross-institutional partnership based in the Environment, Natural Resources and Blue Economy (ENB) Global Practice of the World Bank. It engages extensively with internal and external stakeholders on the World Bank’s sustainability efforts to educate staff and partners, inspire behavior change, and position the organization as a sustainable investment. The Communications and Reporting Consultant will be responsible for furthering these objectives through the following:
1. Update and maintain communications plan that is aligned with strategic objectives.
2. Coordinate communications initiatives with central communications (ECR).
3. Assist Program Manager with developing overall strategy.
4. Lead development of online campaigns around key projects.
5. Write and circulate monthly News You Can (Re)use newsletter using Adobe Campaign.
6. Contribute to the bi-weekly ENB newsletter
7. Write blogs, intranet stories, and social media posts.
8. Design flyers, reports, and banners.
9. Edit and update CRP website.
1. Coordinate submission of sustainability section of the Annual Report [April-June]
a. Reach out to the various content providers
b. Write and proof section
c. Work with TTL to coordinate management approvals
d. Submit to the Annual Report as timeline requires
2. GRI Index [April-October]
a. Carry out materiality exercise
b. Lead GRI preparatory workshop with contributors
b. Prepare indicator response for FY21
c. Reach out to content providers to get feedback/approval
d. Work with TTL to coordinate management approvals
e. Submit to the Annual Report in late-Sept
Other Related Tasks
1. Manage one or more event management and design consultants.
2. Oversee event planning for key annual events, including Earth Week, Earth Hour, Bike to Work Day, America Recycles Day, and others.
3. Edit documents for style, grammar, and tone.
4. Support other project work (writing, analysis, etc.) as needed.
- A Master’s degree in International Relations, Sustainable Development, Communications, Marketing or equivalent with at least 2 years of relevant experience in communications, public affairs, journalism, project management, or consulting.
- At least 1 year of professional experience working with publications and print production.
- Experience or knowledge of key issues surrounding corporate sustainability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and exceptional ability to write, communicate, and operate under pressure and tight deadlines with accuracy and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience working across boundaries, and with multiple stakeholders, in building collaborative alliances for results.
- Self-motivated and creative, with excellent project management and organizational skills and proven ability to perform multiple tasks.
- A sharp analytical mind, good political judgment and diplomatic skills, and proven ability to work across teams and issues.
- Ability to hold colleagues accountable for delivering against agreed-upon work programs.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Campaign, Canva, and other relevant design applications.
- Knowledge of digital platforms, including web content management systems and social media.
- Familiarity with the Associated Press Style Guide and/or the World Bank Editorial Style Guide.
The STC will report to Nadja Bleiber, Senior Environmental Specialist (ENB).
Duration of the Assignment:
The duration of the STC will be 100 days in FY 21, late November 2020 through June 30, 2021.
if you’re interested, send a resume and cover letter to Nadja Bleiber at firstname.lastname@example.org.