To support our growth, we are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager to lead projects for our national clients in the investor-owned real estate industry. This position will lead a cross functional team of outreach, technical and operations personnel as well as actively lead project delivery.
Ideal candidates will possess strong backgrounds in energy efficiency and sustainability program design and delivery; learn and master new material quickly; form and grow strong relationships with clients; think creatively; take new ideas into action; be able to lead a team to deliver projects to clients; while also demonstrating the ability to work independently and contribute as a team player when required. The selected candidate will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff, RE Tech engineers, and clients. The selected candidate will also have an opportunity to apply experience and academic knowledge, lead major projects, interact with experts and clients in the field, oversee communications and property site visit reports, and implement recommendations to maximize our clients’ cost savings.
- Provide project team leadership.
- Lead various sustainability programs that support RE Tech’s multiple lines of business.
- Support leading environmental, social, and governance (ESG) programs for our real estate investment management clients.
- Engage with clients on projects as the lead project manager.
- Identify and implement utility savings opportunities across a portfolio of properties.
- Develop program design, including identification, analysis and selection of appropriate energy efficiency and sustainability measures and development of effective delivery strategies.
- Visit client sites as project lead.
- Oversee property management teams in tracking their energy and water consumption and costs in EPA’s ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager tool and utilize information in the tool to conduct data analysis.
- Possess deep understanding of analytical measures and direct the writing of reports to include details and summaries that identify and recommend operational best practices, with focus on low and no cost strategies.
- Lead program implementation including development and execution of detailed and effective implementation and management plans, or program evaluation.
- Provide quality control and budget accountability.
- Direct, oversee, and support engineers/data analysts/consultants working on client engagements.
- Evoke creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to develop their skills and achieve career goals.
- Build and maintain relationships while driving customers towards the implementation of energy performance improvements through the use of existing market knowledge and proven energy efficient technologies.
- Build and maintain key customer relationships to create opportunities for both short- and long-term growth.
- Actively engage in strategic analysis, planning, and execution on key market development activities.
- Manage all aspects of consulting contracts and proposals, including marketing, scope development, proposal writing and budgeting, project execution, budget tracking, and supervision of staff.
- Serve as a supervisor to junior staff.
- Perform all other duties as needed and assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (Concentration in Marketing Communications, Energy Resources, Policy, Business, or related field).
- 10+ years of experience required and at least one of the following:
- Developing and administering successful sustainability programs, with specific expertise focused on commercial, multifamily, retail, and hospitality industries with experience in green building strategies and technologies for both existing buildings and new construction.
- Building design and/or construction process with functional understanding of HVAC, control, lighting, and lighting control system types.
- Strong ability to perform standard mathematics to compute profit and loss, ratios, proportions, percentages, volumes, weights, and measures.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing people and teams, specifically serving as a direct supervisor to junior staff, overseeing work and performance, motivating, providing feedback, performing staff reviews, setting clear goals and expectations, and other people management administrative tasks.
- At least 2 years’ experience serving as a project manager of projects with revenue totaling at least $500k.
- Demonstrated success working with engineering and data analytics teams.
- Experience working with environmental, social, and governance (ESG) programs, preferably in the real estate investment management industry.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff (including remote staff), as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude.
- Very proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities.
Learn more and apply here.